The Product Management team at Mineral delivers measurable business results by developing product solutions that meet market needs and company goals. The Product Manager determines user needs for existing products, defines and develops new products and are product owners in our agile process. As a Product Manager, you work with Engineering to define and develop awesome products as well as Product Marketing, Customer Support and Sales to understand the needs of our customers and partners. You will help develop a roadmap aligned with our company’s goals.
Essential functions include, but not limited to the following:
- Conduct research and leverage market, customer, and partner insights to inform product direction, definition and prioritization. Collect product feedback to ensure product meets client and partner needs.
- Ensure product delivery is aligned with product strategy and on schedule with published roadmap plans.
- Translate product ideas into detailed, clear requirements and user stories/personas that can be used to create product specifications and architecture.
- Act as Scrum/Agile Product Owner for your products including: proactively building and maintaining well-groomed, estimated and detailed backlog; working closely with UX/Dev/QA during the sprint cycle through standups, new feature testing, production roll out, etc.
- Collaborate with Engineering/UX on usability testing and user acceptance testing to ensure we are developing awesome products.
- Balance business needs with technology assessments and recommend alternative technical approaches to meet design requirements when needed.
- Ensure our products feature the next generation User Experience (UX).
- Work with third party partners to integrate their solutions into our product ecosystem.
- Collaborate with Customer Support and Sales to deliver an amazing customer experience that ensures client engagement and satisfaction are meeting goals.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Marketing to ensure we are accurately describing and positioning our products against the competition.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills, Abilities and Education:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of software product management or business analyst experience.
- Passion for the customer, both in terms of delivering awesome products and in imagining new ways to solve big customer problems.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to support assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
- Design thinking to transform market needs into defined engineering requirements. Critical eye for and previous experience in designing significant user experiences both from UI and API perspective.
- Demonstrated success building world-class SaaS software products or platforms, working cross-functionally with Engineering, QA, Product Marketing, Marketing, Customer Support and Sales.
- Possess a technical background and can easily communicate with engineers about various aspects of a SaaS system, including API strategy and definition, SSO and other authorization/identity management solutions, integrations, etc.
- Possess excellent communication and persuasion skills as well as demonstrated success in building buy-in.
- Experience designing for the end to end customer experience, including interviewing and gathering feedback directly from customers.
- Experience working with an engineering environment that uses agile/scrum methodology as well as overseas development teams.
- Strong project management skills: plan, set and manage to reasonable timelines, while delivering projects that align to the product strategy.
Benefits and Perks
Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
401k + company match
Flexible PTO + Company Holidays
Corporate Bonus Program
Paid Family Leave
Other market competitive perks and benefits
Every small business journey is different, filled with its own twists and turns. Mineral is with them every step of the way, taking the guesswork out of HR and compliance so that they’re always ready for whatever lies ahead.
Mineral brings together the best of two HR and compliance powerhouses: ThinkHR and Mammoth.
By combining certified HR experts with tech-enabled tools, Mineral takes the guesswork out of HR. Our innovative platform is a one-stop resource for small businesses, filled with everything they need to tackle even the trickiest workplace issues with confidence.
Humble brag alert: Mineral has been consistently recognized for our award-winning culture, and we’re especially proud of our 2020 Great places to Work certification. Simply put, Mineral is a place where people want to be, which could explain why we’ve also been ranked among the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
As a company, Mineral is also made up of incredibly diverse, vibrant individuals, working together for the greater good. We’re here to help our clients build healthy, thriving organizations, and we’re looking for some like-minded people to help us do it.