We’re hiring a Product Manager (L2) to join our Identity teams. Our Identity teams are responsible for making sure customers authenticate and verify their identity. The teams empower account administrators to manage their teams’ membership and permissions. In this role, you may work on improvements to the login and signup experience, our permissions infrastructure, or other tools for admins to onboard and offboard members from their account.
The ideal candidate has experience delivering software products with an engineering team and making complex technical concepts approachable and delightful for our customers.
You may be early in your Product Manager journey. You have some experience as a Product Manager working on a SaaS, enterprise or consumer products.
You’re a cross-functional project leader. You keep a team of designers, researchers, engineers, data analysts, and product marketers working effectively and efficiently. Others regularly identify you as a collaborator and facilitator of outcomes. You know when to escalate blockers or impediments to the right people.
Your communication creates clarity for the team. You use written communication to create clear features specs, user stories, plans, goals, and progress updates. When you facilitate meetings, others find they are effective and generate progress towards the team’s goal. You can identify the right tool for the job whether it’s managing the day-to-day cadence of projects or building cross-company momentum around a project.
You execute against the vision and roadmap set for your team. You work with your manager or team lead to break the roadmap they’ve set into scoped projects, then work across design and engineering to deliver those projects. You can clearly articulate your team’s goals, roadmap, and the impact towards the overall strategy.
You are care about customer outcomes. You actively participate in quality assurance to ensure features being delivered are high quality. You don’t just care about shipping features, but you care about the outcomes they create for our customers and our business. Other would say you have a strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability.
You advocate for the facts. Before shipping a feature you can identify metrics and user feedback that will help you measure the success of a feature. In consultation with your manager, data, and ux research, you are effective at evaluating a feature post-launch and recommending next steps.
You have some technical, design, and analytics skills. While you may or may not know how to code, you have technical skills to support yourself and your team. You use your technical context to make better, faster decisions and to minimize technical debt. You understand design patterns and can create functional specs and wireframes. You can use self-serve data exploration tools to support your own decision making.
You want a career in product management. You understand where your strengths will help you be successful in this role. You can self-identify some areas where you’ll need support or training. You have a career growth plan and you can point to how Product Management fits into your career aspirations.
Things You’ll Do
- Execute against the vision and roadmap that has been set for your team.
- Work in a small, autonomous, cross-functional team alongside design, engineering, UX research, and data to decide what we build next and execute on that decision
- Talk with our customers and stakeholders to more deeply understand the problems that we can address for them.
- Work closely with product designers on solutions by writing specs and creating wireframes
- Work closely with engineers to understand enough technical context to help make better, faster decisions, and then work closely with engineers on solutions.
- Work closely with decision scientists to measure and report on the results of your work (creating dashboards, writing SQL queries, etc.)
The Whole Package
Location: Since the team is predominantly located in North America, we are considering applicants located within the following time zones: Eastern, Central, Mountain, and Pacific.
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States.