At the heart of the scaled work is the Studio XD team. We’re building a suite of products that help scale the Studio’s operations. From choosing the best stories to produce, taking a title live, to building the world’s deepest catalog of information about films, series, games, and more. As part of the Studio XD design team, you will be designing products that power the future of the studio from pitch to play.
About the team
Although Netflix is an established company, in many ways we still act like a startup. The organization is flat, process is minimal, individual responsibility is big, and there is an emphasis on keeping non-productive influences out of the everyday decision process. We endeavor to stay nimble and make decisions quickly.
About the role
As a product designer on the Business and Legal affairs team, you will lead the design for our content (movies, series, music, games, etc.) deal/contract management and Rights management. These tools are responsible for helping Netflix negotiate better deals, proactively fulfill legal obligations, and leverage our Rights and Assets to their full potential.
You will partner with other design, product, research, and engineering leaders to develop strategy across the product areas and user pain points on your team.
- You are a natural leader with exceptional communication skills.
- Comfortable with figuring out things with a lot of ambiguity
- You know how to bring multiple stakeholders to the table to understand and solve problems.
- Capable of driving vision and changes of a domain with a large user base and established ways of how things work.
- You know how to take complicated workflows and distill them into simple and intuitive design solutions.
- Strike a balance of where to spend time best between day-to-day needs to help build features vs. longer-term visions and goals for the team.
- Able to find patterns across different vertical content teams and help them streamline their workflows.
- Collaborate with product, business, and engineering partners to lead and develop product and design strategies for the legal space.
- Championing prioritization of design-centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis
- Manage through shifting priorities to provide clear direction and input on product prioritization and early product definition by working with partners to facilitate discovery sessions that uncover user pain points and opportunities
- Driving end-to-end product design by:
- Framing problems, defining insights, and designing new methodologies/practices
- Creating process and user flows, wireframes, journey maps, and interaction models, resulting in low to high fidelity prototypes
- Planning and facilitating workshops with stakeholders to align with business needs
- Designing within existing — and creating new — standards to contribute to our internal design system, best practices, and guidelines
- Storytelling through business acumen and presenting visual concepts to various stakeholders
The Must Haves
- The ability to form consensus across a broad, fast-moving organization
- A deep sense of accountability, fostering a high degree of responsibility within your team
- Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale with Netflix’s evolving business model
- Experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fast and a focus on execution is critical
- Experience contributing to and consuming component-based design systems
- A strong desire to help a small group of expert users do big things
- A willingness to fail, learn, and share the experience
- Background working in legal or with legal tools
- Experience partnering with cross-functional executives and business partners
Location of role: Open to remote in North America with some travel to Los Gatos and/or Los Angeles, CA.
Candidates must provide an updated portfolio link and password for consideration. Thank you.