Are you a designer who gets excited by the idea of working on apps for hundreds of thousands of users? Do you obsess over making apps beautiful and easy to use?
If so, we'd like you to learn about Files.com!
We've built a cloud storage and automation service that businesses use to keep their files and workflows secure and smooth. And to us, the UI is absolutely key to its success.
Our apps and marketing websites are driven by a modern frontend React and Gatsby-based stack.
In this position, you will build new designs and improve existing flows, working directly in React and also in Figma and other mockup tools.
Location: Work From Your Home on a Remote-First Team at a Hybrid Remote Company
World Class Pay and Benefits
Earn a "Bay Area" Salary from Anywhere. Our pay is competitive with the top software companies in the world, with generous base salary plus equity compensation.
Big Company Benefits: You'll get full 🏥 Health/Dental/Vision Insurance coverage (plus 75% of Spouse/Family coverage too), 💰 401(k) with generous matching, 🎄 11 Company Holidays per year, and 🏖 20 PTO/Vacation days.
Brand New Laptop and $1,000: Upon signing, we'll send you a brand new 💻 Apple laptop as well as $1,000 to outfit the rest of your home office with things like a monitor, webcam, keyboard, and mouse.
Tight-Knit Fun-Loving Team: You will be joining a fun-loving team that works together very closely, despite the remote work environment.
100% Remote Opportunity
The Files.com Frontend Engineering team is 100% remote. However, we travel for regular in-person meetings with the team and the entire company to meet and work together face to face. These meetings are in cities around the US, including Scottsdale, Austin, Orlando, New Orleans, San Diego, Las Vegas, and New York City.
In-person events combine work and fun and are designed to make up for the in-person interaction that occurs in an office job.
We are very excited that COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted and we have fully resumed company travel. 🎉
In this role, you will be:
- Product UX Designer for the Platform across all UI components (Web, Mobile, Desktop, Integrations)
- Create and maintain primary personas of the product and map to their use of the product
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers specific to platform UX
- Design user journeys across functions from concept to production ready with design tools (Figma) - Create prototypes and wireframes
- Designing graphic user interface elements which will be uniformly used across the product: e.g: menus, tabs, tables, and widgets
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback