We are looking for a Product Design Manager to lead the design of global solutions as Netflix continues to entertain and reach the next 200 million users worldwide. As a leader on the Growth Design team, you will play a key role in defining Netflix’s relationship with new customers worldwide, working across various channels to grow our membership base.
As a Product Design Manager, you will lead a team of stunning designers dedicated to helping us win and keep Netflix members through many different avenues. You will partner with other design, product, engineering, and other cross-functional leaders to develop strategy across the customer journey.
Although Netflix is an established company, in many ways we still act like a startup. The organization is flat, process is minimal, individual responsibility is big, and there is an emphasis on keeping non-productive influences out of the everyday decision process. We endeavor to stay nimble and make decisions quickly.
About the team
The mission of the Netflix Experience Design Team (XD) is to push the Netflix experience beyond what’s expected by crafting designs that make our members happy and measurably move the business forward.
Within XD, the Organic Growth Design Team is made up of product designers who do just that: we move the business forward through our design strategy, solutions, and experimentation and we put empathy for our prospective and current members at the center of it all. We have a broad range of design skills on the team and we pride ourselves on a strong culture of experimentation, creativity, and accountability. Within the Plans and Pricing space, we focus on how to best increase revenue while ensuring an excellent member experience and value.
You measure success in terms of both human and business impact. As a leader, you foster excellence through collaboration and encourage an inclusive and open environment which makes space for diverse viewpoints and working styles. You are an excellent advocate, evangelist, and listener - and are comfortable directly engaging stakeholders, customers, users and investors alike. You empower your team to do their best work for our business and our members. You build strong relationships, founded on trust and respect.
You have recruited and managed effective product design teams with experience building consumer or enterprise software for the global market. You have experience with monetization initiatives, including plan tiering, pricing, and plan differentiation. You set a high bar for execution, communication, and the responsibility of your team members. You know how to work cross-functionally with multiple teams, as well as make your ideas and data clear to get everyone on the same page. You’re in tune with other leaders, continually sharing context, adjusting workflows and ensuring teams are moving toward solutions together.
You seek and offer candid and constructive feedback, and lean into conflict with curiosity, humility, and a willingness to understand. You have a strong focus on usability and efficiency, and strive to simplify complex problems. You value transparency, humility, empathy, communication, inclusion and alignment. You coach designers to grow in strategy, usability, business acumen, operational excellence, and growth.
The Must Haves:
- 4+ years managing a design team of 8 or more designers as well as business objectives and strategy
- 6+ years as a Product Designer
- Experience with 0:1 projects alongside A/B testing, as well as optimization of ongoing 0:1 projects
- Expertise in plans, pricing, and general monetization
- Experience designing for international audiences
- The ability to engage with cross-functional partners across a broad, fast-moving organization to achieve a common goal
- A history of coaching strong designers and contributing to the design community (internally or externally to the company)
- A deep sense of accountability, fostering a high degree of responsibility within your team
- Experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fast and a focus on execution is critical
- Influence both product and organizational strategy.
- Ability and experience with providing input on project requirements and broader strategy, and coaching your team to do the same. You demonstrate the power of organizational and operational feedback.
- You’re in tune with other leaders, continually sharing context, adjusting workflows and ensuring teams are moving toward solutions together.
- Excellent communication skills and strong belief in collaboration and partnership
- A willingness to fail and learn, with humility and curiosity
Location of role: Open to remote in North America with some travel to Los Gatos and/or Los Angeles, CA.
Candidates must provide an updated portfolio link and password for consideration. Thank you.