DoorDash is hiring an exceptional business-forward product lawyer to support our rapidly growing Grocery and Convenience business verticals. As a member of our lean and nimble New Business Verticals Legal Team, you will have a wide range of responsibilities and will own projects that make an immediate impact. Your work will primarily focus on supporting our DoorDash Product and Strategy & Operations Teams responsible for Grocery and Convenience across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand to help accelerate expansion of the business. You may also support other products as our business partners continue to innovate. You'll provide guidance across a wide range of legal issues domestically and internationally, including, but not limited to, product, regulatory, consumer protection, competition, and privacy, to help internal clients problem-solve at every turn. Your work will be fast paced, high impact, and a heck of a lot of fun!
About the Team
Our Legal Team has built a reputation within the company for our supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We're a group of seasoned business-forward lawyers, who work collaboratively, have a healthy sense of humor, are humble, and are kind to one another and our clients. Join us!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Advise on strategies to launch new and expand the geographic footprint of existing products, while incorporating legal guidance for navigating evolving and sometimes murky regulatory requirements.
- Work with business partners to effectively manage legal risks related to product, engineering, and operational efforts.
- Independently develop practical guidance by synthesizing input from outside counsel, your own research, and feedback from internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with other members of the legal team - across corporate, commercial, litigation, employment, and privacy - to ensure your business partners receive holistic and effective legal guidance across disciplines.
- Serve as cross-functional connective tissue and help gain consensus across the non-legal teams you work with.
- Advise teams throughout the company on how legal regulatory matters impact our operations across the U.S. and foreign jurisdictions.
- Build playbooks to help scale our advice as a legal team.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5-7+ years of experience practicing law at a top-tier firm, and/or advising product and operations teams in-house.
- You have a JD and are admitted to any US state bar.
- You are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and have prioritized participating in DEI initiatives in past roles.
- You are able to work autonomously, exercise sound judgment, and balance legal risks with business objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a self-starter; intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate.
- You have a philosophy that no task is too big or small and an interest in learning and growth.
- You are a big picture thinker and are able to effectively prioritize projects and workflow based on relative impact to the business.
- You are comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You have interests/passions outside of work that are important to you.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience as an in-house lawyer, particularly in the tech industry, with exposure to e-commerce and/or the gig economy.
- Experience advising on policy and legislation.
- Experience advising international clients on product launches and/or country launches and managing international outside counsel.
- Experience at an early-stage startup or startup in a major growth phase.
- Experience advising on regulatory matters.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.