Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
In this exciting and new role, you will work on the next generation of Secureworks’ security platform. You’ll join a very seasoned team of software engineers, security experts, and data scientists, and collaborate with stakeholders across security and technology groups to drive innovation. You will focus primarily on developing our platform’s threat intelligence collection and integration pipelines on top of Kubernetes.
The ideal candidate will have a strong software development background with an emphasis on building and ingesting threat intelligence sources and will have knowledge on how to scale and productionize applications utilizing elasticsearch. This role requires a software developer that can take ideas from concept to reality and work well within an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software as a secure, scalable, performant, and fault-tolerant solution across a multi-cloud architecture.
- Developing core platform capabilities for an innovative new platform.
- Drive idea generation for new platform capabilities and bring them to fruition.
- Creating monitoring and benchmarking for performant and resilient deployments.
- Contributing to the API design for all upcoming features.
- Interacting with both internal and external development teams.
- Constantly raising the bar of engineering practices across the team.
- Work effectively on a geographically distributed team to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- BS in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-7+ years of relevant software development experience, including building/scaling large throughput systems
- 3+ years of experience with Golang.
- 1+ year working with Kubernetes.
- Experience developing a service-oriented or microservice architecture.
- Experience developing with containers and orchestrators (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos).
- Full stack-experience and a solid understanding of how to debug problems from UI down to systems.
- Passionate about well-crafted code and a strong desire to learn.
- 3+ years of experience with Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or similar cloud provider.
- Experience with Kubernetes API extension points and Kubernetes network plugins (e.g. CRDs, Open Service Broker, Controllers, Istio, Calico, Flannel).
- Computer or information security background or experience.
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Athena/Presto, Cassandra/HBase/Accumulo, etc).
- Prior experience developing software in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Prior experience developing product and customer focused applications.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworkshere