We're looking for a Team Lead Billing & Accounts to join the Customer Support team at Zapier, helping lead our Paid Support team in the Americas, East Coast region. Zapier's on a mission to make everyone more productive at work, and our product has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation. If you’re a Customer Support industry professional, who loves helping individual contributors (ICs) achieve their professional development goals by interacting with people daily to help them learn how to optimize their work appeals to you, then read on...
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Zapier is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You’re an excellent written communicator and collaborator: We’re a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier. This role requires cross-functional collaboration.
You’re curious and resourceful. Zapier’s complexities require someone who is able to ask questions to understand the customer and team impact and distill information to relevant teams.
You are analytical and data-driven. You have a passion for working with performance & financial data and are interested in using a number of different data points to tell a story. You understand the value of data and use it to inform decisions on processes or policies.
You have a continuous improvement mindset. You’re always thinking of opportunities to refine our Billing & Accounts support offering to provide a better experience for our customers and internal stakeholders.
You’re solid at time management. You’ll juggle multiple tasks and projects, and as a part of a distributed team, you’ll be trusted to work with minimal supervision.
You’re already familiar with some billing terminology. You don’t need to know the complete in-and-outs, but a foundational knowledge of billing systems and processes will be key to your success while working with internal stakeholders.
You’re comfortable building processes that support new teams. A lot of the foundational work needed to create this team has happened already, however, there's a lot of scope to make this team operate effectively; the success of this requires focus on process improvements and fast execution.
You’re familiar with feedback. You’re well versed in providing in-the-moment feedback that helps your people grow, as well as knowing when to save feedback for a 1:1.
You know how to say ‘no’ to requests or “not yet” to help your team focus. You’re able to compartmentalize requests from internal stakeholders and understand if or when your team should own something. With support from your manager, you’re able to say no to inappropriate requests with context and a suggestion of alternative next steps.
Things You’ll Do
- Lead up to 4 direct reports in the Billing & Accounts team, meeting with them for weekly 1:1s to coach them, review their performance and support them in their growth
- With guidance from the Data Team and your manager, own Billing & Accounts Team dashboards and report weekly and monthly on data for business reviews.
- Manage programs and projects, in collaboration with other teams, that focus on improving the self-serve experience for customers looking for Billing & Accounts Support
- Draft communications to both internal stakeholders and Zapier users around new Billing processes, proposals for self-serve improvements, and new policies
- Answer questions regarding Billing & Accounts tickets from Support Customer Champions in Slack
- Spend a third of your time in the Billing & Accounts queue (12.5 hours per week/2.5 hours per day) to understand the product, processes, and the customer experience
Key Performance Indicators:
- Achieve queue performance metrics
- Identifying and implementing new support-driven deflection opportunities. e.g., automated refunds within the policy
- Employee engagement - measured annually with the company engagement survey
- Ramp time for new Admin Customer Champions at 90 days
- Team metrics, for example, tickets per week, response times, reply to resolution, CSAT
- Effective monthly and weekly reporting on Billing & Accounts Team metrics for business reviews
The Whole Package
Our fully remote, distributed environment enables us to work with awesome people from around the world. Our team members work from 38 different countries. We generally hire based on time zones and try to keep teams together by making sure that every Zapien overlaps with their manager & teammates for at least a few hours a day.
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Fertility and Adoption Assistance
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Annual all-company retreat
- 14 weeks of paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7, and 10-year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Take the time you need to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 10 days off each year. Most of us take 25 days off per year for vacation & holidays, plus whatever sick time we need.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners' network
*While we support Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare plans are available in the UK, Canada, and United States. Retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States. A regional benefits premium is added directly to the salary ranges for team members who are in countries where we do not have entities or provide company-sponsored benefits. When recommendations are made for base salary, the benefits premium has already been factored in.