The Mineral Marketing department delivers measurable business results by developing and executing brand, go-to-market and demand generation strategies to achieve the company's growth and strategic objectives. At our company, Marketing and Product are the same department, which means we’re uniquely positioned to ensure the delivery of a consistent brand experience throughout the entire customer journey.
The Marketing Project Manager supports Mineral’s Product and Marketing department by managing the project lifecycle from concept through execution for marketing initiatives, ensuring brand, budget, resource, and timeline alignment. You’ll be required to manage multiple deliverables across a variety of integrated product and marketing programs, meet deadlines, and represent Product and Marketing in cross-functional planning activities. You’ll employ project management best practices to foster collaboration and ensure there is consistent visibility and timely communication of project plans to ensure business needs are met.
In this role, you will also help identify, create, manage, and improve marketing production processes for cross-functional efficiency and overall Product and Marketing team alignment, ensuring visibility to timelines, dependencies and risks for all key stakeholders.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work cross-organizationally with all stages of a business, e.g. new product introduction, product releases, product announcements, etc.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems through strong critical thinking skills. Exercise independent judgement for effective decision-making on matters that may or may not have a defined process (or may require a process you create).
- Maintain a full overview of marketing workload, reporting on it regularly. You’ll track incoming requests from across the company, ensure essential information is included, and assign as necessary. You’ll also manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in the context of business and client expectations.
- Lead through ambiguity; identify inefficiencies, create and implement process improvements with effective change management and interpersonal skills.
- Act as a liaison between internal clients and the design and web team, ensuring all deliverables meet brand standards and guidelines.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects, including communication of needs, requirements, and deadlines to internal teams. Examines current project management processes and tools and identify and implement ways to improve. Escalate to appropriate stakeholders when blockers are encountered, or deadlines are at risk.
- Provide oversight of marketing department budget, working closely with cost center owners to track vendor invoicing, project spend, all while adhering to accounting and finance principles.
- Ensure the department tracks results to its annual marketing plan and provides high-level marketing updates and status reports as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Certifications:
- 4-6 years of experience in project management required and ideally with project management software such as Jira, Basecamp, Asana, etc. including 2-3 years of experience working as a project manager as part of an integrated marketing team, or for an agency with teams such as UX, Copy, Design, Web, and Production; and 1-2 years of design traffic management experience.
- Understand how to effectively manage risk by identifying conflicting priorities and determining remedial action for a win-win outcome.
- Excels in a team-oriented remote atmosphere and collaborates effectively with other employees in a variety of roles, locations, levels, and time zones.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, with proven project management abilities.
- Experience partnering and engaging with stakeholders to optimize project execution.
- Solution-oriented and confident in negotiating tradeoffs and identifying alternative solutions when faced with scarcity of time, resources, or budget.
- Proven project management experience with complex marketing projects and launches.
- Thorough understanding of B2B integrated marketing.
- Understanding of B2B software go-to-market practices.
- Annual planning and budget management experience, including a thorough understanding of accounting and finance practices.
- Experience with intranets and organizing internal documentation and resources.
- Proficiency with the Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and internet-based tools is required.
- Experience in print, digital, and audio/video production is desirable.
- Experience with vendor / agency management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; project management certification preferred.
Benefits and Perks
Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
401k + company match
Flexible PTO + Company Holidays
Corporate Bonus Program
Paid Family Leave
Other market competitive perks and benefits
Every small business journey is different, filled with its own twists and turns. Mineral is with them every step of the way, taking the guesswork out of HR and compliance so that they’re always ready for whatever lies ahead.
Mineral brings together the best of two HR and compliance powerhouses: ThinkHR and Mammoth.
By combining certified HR experts with tech-enabled tools, Mineral takes the guesswork out of HR. Our innovative platform is a one-stop resource for small businesses, filled with everything they need to tackle even the trickiest workplace issues with confidence.
Humble brag alert: Mineral has been consistently recognized for our award-winning culture, and we’re especially proud of our 2020 Great places to Work certification. Simply put, Mineral is a place where people want to be, which could explain why we’ve also been ranked among the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
As a company, Mineral is also made up of incredibly diverse, vibrant individuals, working together for the greater good. We’re here to help our clients build healthy, thriving organizations, and we’re looking for some like-minded people to help us do it.