We are looking to hire a creative and entrepreneurial UK/EU Market Manager to grow and nurture the UK/DE/FR markets through marketing activation, partnerships and the end-to-end customer journey. You will be responsible for driving performance and revenue growth, leading the direction for our internal teams to execute marketing campaigns more efficiently, while directly running activations and partnerships locally, ultimately driving new customer acquisition. The role is highly collaborative and cross-functional - you’ll work closely with content, operations, marketing, and product to help make Skillshare more relevant to the European audience.
What you'll do:
- Be the region expert and representative of Skillshare in the EU.
- Represent the company, brand and our strategy to external stakeholders in country.
- Be responsible for defining and executing the overall country strategy as it relates to overall growth aspirations, partner recruitment, partner management, marketing, customer acquisition, and content support.
- Drive daily execution to exceed the key financial and operational metrics for the country while managing the local operational budget.
- Work together with the Skillshare Growth and Brand teams to define and execute country-specific marketing plans, improving efficiency and reaching CAC objectives.
- Work together with the International Product team to define opportunities to increase relevance to the European audience while improving local conversion funnel.
- Work together with the Content team to recruit Teacher talent and support the promotion of content launches in the EU markets.
Why we're excited about you:
- Results-oriented: You love the doing and the process but you are all about results. You have excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute activities in a high-pressure just in time environment. You adhere to and analyze standards and procedures for workflow and change management.
- Execution-oriented: You focus on getting things done and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and make things happen.
- Fact-driven strategist: You have a solid history of building strategies based on data and analysis. You prioritize your work well and can make important decisions and stay committed to them.
- Communicator: You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills with domestic and international customers, both external and internal.
- Solid experience in digital marketing (social media, search, content, influencer, email marketing etc) and business development.
- Entrepreneurial experience or leadership experience with consumer internet businesses in the UK or DE is a must (additional EU markets is a plus).
- Bilingual in German or French is considered a plus.
- You bring 6+ years of professional experience.
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: Your work will have a direct impact on our growth in key markets, helping to drive initiatives that make our content more accessible to hundreds of millions of non-English speaking users.
- Growth: Skillshare is expanding and international growth is a key priority, and you’ll be a key contributor in this initiative.
- Variety: You’ll work with a diverse group of people across a wide range of initiatives, across different functions (you will never be bored).
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC
, and Forbes
, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace
, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly
. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation
, and inclusive work environment for all.