BetterUp is seeking a Manager, Revenue Strategy & Operations to partner with our go-to-market leadership and field teams. Reporting into the Vice President of Revenue Strategy & Operations, you will collaborate with our Sales, Marketing, Finance and Product leaders to develop, launch, and scale new channels, new products, and new businesses. BetterUp is a fast growing start up – we are looking for a data-driven, action-oriented analyst who is excited to scale a world-class sales operation function.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance and Product leaders to define revenue strategy for new GTM initiatives - including market validation, capacity modeling, pricing strategy, territory planning & carving, and compensation design & execution
- Produce quarterly QBR data packages, charts, and sales performance metrics for new go-to-market initiatives for BetterUp’s leadership and board of directors
- Answer leadership and field questions and provide guidance around key performance metrics, sales compensation, business planning and other areas as needed
- Work cross-functionally with GTM, Finance, Engineering teams to define metrics and data fields for new GTM initiatives ensure their availability in CRM and BI tools (SFDC, Looker)
- Support Vice President of Revenue Strategy & Operations with ad hoc financial analysis and projects as needed
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- 6+ years experience in a sales operations or finance role, ideally at a high-growth enterprise SaaS business
- Hands-on experience supporting GTM strategy (from conception to launch to scaling) for new products, new channels, etc.
- Superior communications skills and the ability to lead cross-functional projects with senior Sales, Marketing, Product, and Finance leaders
- Strong experience with and comfort analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to derive specific, focused insights; experience using BI tools (Looker) and CRMs (Salesforce), strongly preferred
- Strong project management & execution skills, includes attention to detail and commitment to consistently meeting timelines and operating from a sense of urgency.
- Scrappiness: Someone who gets excited about rolling up their sleeves and doing whatever it takes to deliver, in a way that you impress yourself. You do not hesitate to get involved, from the high-level, strategic work to the tactical (sometimes thankless) work.
- No ego teammate: We thrive in an environment of healthy and respectful collaboration that is fundamentally driven by the desire to succeed as a team. A general desire to contribute, without attachment to any one outcome other than the success of our clients and BetterUp.
- Strong interest in organizational behavior, positive psychology, coaching, or behavioral sciences - we geek out over this stuff, daily!
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.