We are looking for an outcomes driven, collaborative, and effective performance manager who knows how to build and drive virtual teams of outsourced customer service partners, Airbnb service designers, and shared services service-domain experts. The Regional Operations Manager uses innovative and
scalable performance management processes to own the service delivery performance metrics that our partners produce in a specific region or market, serving two or fewer CS services. The Regional Operations Manager will deliver on KPI management and continuous improvement, region or specific market level performance storytelling, product and process insights discovery, and most importantly, will collaborate with their Partner Relationship Manager colleagues and shared services virtual teams to maintain a robust, well documented, and effective performance review and improvement program with the CS partners in their market or region.
What you’ll do
● Conduct business reviews, drive performance, document trends and actions, and be accountable for the service delivery performance metrics produced by the CS partners who are servicing two or fewer tiers of service in a specific market or region.
● Leverage a virtual team of Partner Relationship Managers, Quality Leads, Training Leads, and others to support partner’s performance results in servicing specific services.
● Develop and incubate relationships with operations managers and directors within the region’s/market’s partners, managing and driving their performance through influence, communication skills, and co-solving problems and action plans.
● Work collaboratively with other Regional Operations Managers in achieving and exceeding the desired global performance results of specific service tiers, as designed by our Tier Service Managers, and which are tailored for the Airbnb Businesses that CS supports.
● Working collaboratively with your Regional Partner Manager and the Tier Service Managers of the specific tiers, input into a robust and accessible suite of business review processes and performance storytelling processes that result in globally consistent outcome documentation.
● Capture the regularly generated feedback and insights generated by the partners in pursuit of exceeding service specific goals, feeding that information to Service Managers and other stakeholders
● Evaluate new Airbnb processes or program changes for their potential impact to partner performance, and assist in mitigating those risks.
● As needed, collaborate with and understand the needs of your local market and provide support to market managers and local business operations.
● Act as Airbnb’s single point of contact for all other matters related to the region’s/market’s partner performance results, including representing the region along with the Regional Partner Manager to different functions within Airbnb.
● Lead and/or participate in projects outside of the scope of your department, as assigned by your manager.
What you need to succeed
● Experience of progressively responsible leadership in customer service operations.
● A proven track record of managing performance across a matrixed organization
● Deep functional knowledge in the tiers of service that will be managed, and how they interact
● Experience driving B2B relationships and leading outside teams to exceed goals
● Effective and creative performance results in a storyteller with strong analytical skills and the ability to clarify and prioritize using data.
● Excellent communication skills, fluent in English. Works well in ambiguity and embraces the adventure!
About Airbnb Capability Center
Airbnb Capability Center was set up in 2017 in Gurgaon to service the global Airbnb community. We are a fast-growing, up-and-coming office and home to the most hospitable people you will ever meet! Our small and extremely capable team of Gurgaon-based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travellers within this big and diverse market. Airbnb Capability Center is providing varied services under Community Support thereby providing world-class customer experience to our customers. Besides this, Airbnb Capability Center is also building deep capabilities for different verticals like Homes, Finance Technology Group, Finance Shared Services, Analytics, Engineering, etc.
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.