Back To All Remote Jobs View All Marketing Jobs
Lifecycle Email Manager - Customer.io
Customer.io Full Time Marketing
Remote Job Description
Hi, I'm Alex, Director of Marketing at Customer.io!
I'm looking for a creative and collaborative Lifecycle Email Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the individual will help us run and develop new campaigns driving the acquisition, conversion and retention of Customer.io subscribers, promote our product features, and serve as a channel expert for the wider company. As the Lifecycle Email Manager at Customer.io ...
Some things you'll do
- Creative Lifecycle Campaign Development: Develop and own new strategic campaigns, tactical plans, and creative to maximize customer acquisition, conversion, engagement, retention, and winback opportunities via email.
- Optimization: Drive improvement across email KPIs including deliverability, open rates, click rates, conversion rates, opt-out rates, retention and product feature adoption.
- Reporting: Contribute meaningful reports and analyses. Translate analytical findings into clear, easily understandable, actionable insights that drive strong business strategy.
- An up-and-coming mid-level marketer with relevant experience
- Experience in CRM/Lifecycle campaign management or marketing content creation
- Expertise working with marketing automation platform/ESPs
What we're looking for
- Multidisciplinary: Strong performer across content creation, data analysis, technical implementation and project management in service of effective campaigns.
- Creative: Can ideate on interesting ways to engage the customer, has a strong point of view and can effectively communicate that vision within the bounds of the brand and our values.
- Consumer-centric: Thoughtful marketer who can view their work through the lens of different audiences to effectively craft authentic and personalized messages.
- Data-informed: Strong analytical skills and a proven track record of working with data and good judgement to drive email campaign ideation and business results.
- Collaborative: A proactive partner who can effectively work within and across different teams and can clearly communicate their perspectives while soliciting information and sign-off needed to execute effective campaigns on tight timelines.
- Detail-oriented: Sweats the small stuff when it comes to QAing external-facing assets, from commas to pixels of spacing, but doesn’t let the weeds get in the way of building against a big vision.
- Skilled at, or excited to learn, some of these tools: HTML/CSS, SQL, Google Analytics Analytics, copywriting, working with APIs and webhooks, digital design (Adobe Suite).
- International experience not required, but a bonus
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 2,400 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $77,000 depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- 20 days PTO - we offer 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year - we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by Tuesday, March 23rd at 5pm PST and tell us why you're interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by March 24th with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30 minute video call with Symone, our Recruiting Manager
- 30 - 45 minute video call with Alex Patton, the Hiring Manager
- 30 minute video call with Jon Hawkins, CRO