Junior Marketing Manager - (KISSPatent)
Kiss Patent Full Time Marketing Remote-US Remote-UK
Remote Job Description
Let’s face it: when you hear the term “intellectual property”, most people aren’t overwhelmed with excitement. That’s because most companies working with intellectual property are outdated and boring lawyers—not us!
At KISSPatent, we work directly with innovators to protect their ideas through patents, trademarks, and copyrights. We have a unique philosophy about idea protection because we aren’t a law firm—we’re a growing startup. We’re a fully distributed (growing!) team of 20+ working globally, mainly with startups and entrepreneurs. We secretly love the technology that we’re helping to protect — we all keep up-to-date on the latest trends in blockchain, artificial intelligence, healthcare, and food technology.
As our Marketing team continues to grow, we’re looking to onboard someone who can take our content to a new level. We are extremely committed to sharing our knowledge with our customers, or anyone who wants to learn more about intellectual property. If you want to tap into our community of readers and make an impact with your amazing content, this is the right opportunity for you!
We are looking for someone who is as passionate about sharing great and engaging content as we are. In-depth skills in digital marketing are also required, but having great copywriting skills is a must for the job.
This is the right role for you if…
- You want to help startups and tech entrepreneurs…
- You want to be part of a small, driven, and horizontal team…
- You thrive on learning about new technology, and are eager to keep learning more…
- You are an amazing copywriter and content creator
- You have a solid understanding about the differences and demands that inbound and outbound marketing channels have, and know how to manage them properly
- You’re comfortable working online and use digital content creator tools, such as CMS systems and visual production platforms
- You have ~2 years of work experience, preferably in marketing roles
- You understand the basics of sales & lead generation and are comfortable doing cold outreach
- You have experience working with startups, growing businesses, and entrepreneurs.
- You’re able to pick up new concepts quickly. While we don’t expect you to be an expert on patents or legal services, you’ll need to be able to learn and communicate clearly about patents and legal services…
- IP background is not required but an interest in entrepreneurs, innovation, and startups is
- Ambitious, driven, and proactive
- Self-starter and self-managed
- Fast problem-solving & an enthusiastic, hard-working mentality
- Flawless written and verbal skills in English
- Reliable and responsible
- Ability to work in a 100% remote work environment
- Prudent and high attention to details
- Know your way around GoogleDocs and GSheets
- Comfortable with analytics and metrics tool
You want to help entrepreneurs, startups, and growing businesses to protect, monetize, and scale their ideas.
You want to create content that makes a difference, and has a huge impact within our readership community.
You want to learn, grow, and have your career flourish with us.
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
That was a lot about you—now we’ll tell you a bit about what we can offer in return. If you join our team, you’ll have:
- A competitive compensation package
- The opportunity to join a rapidly growing company
- A platform to A/B test content ideas and strategies on an engaged community
- Work at a flat and horizontal team organization
- The ability to work 100% remotely — as long as you have reliable and consistent internet access
A day in the life of our Junior Marketing Manager includes:
- Creating, sharing, and managing impactful and engaging content across all our inbound and outbound channels
- Managing our social media activities, engaging with our community across our different platforms
- Support our sales & marketing team with market outreach
- Proactively contributing to our long-term digital strategy with ideas, processes, and action plans