Back To All Remote Jobs View All Developer Jobs
Junior Developer - (Innolitics LLC)
Innolitics Llc Full Time Developer Remote-US
Remote Job Description
The salary for the position is $70k - $80k/year, depending on your ability and experience.
Who are we looking for?
It is required that you:
- Share our values
- Believe in our mission
- Have 2+ years of software development experience (work experience preferred, but a strong portfolio of side projects is OK too!)
- Are interested in medical imaging
- Can communicate clearly and professionally in English with coworkers and clients via Slack, email, and video calls
- Are willing to travel approximately twice/year for 2-4 days for company retreats, conferences, and client meetings. Usually one of these trips will fall partly on a weekend.
It would be nice if you:
- Have Python programming experience
- Are comfortable on the Linux command line, and are familiar with Git
- Have some mathematical background (this is kept vague intentionally)
How you’ll work with us
Work on something that matters
We only work on fulfilling projects—ones that we believe make the world a better place. For example, our current projects include software for radiation oncology clinics, a startup building an imaging device to detect ear infections, open-source software used by neurosurgeons and researchers, software for tracking metastatic cancer, and several other interesting projects.
You can see past projects in our portfolio.
Flexibility to move
We've been entirely remote from the start, and we plan on keeping it that way. You can live wherever you want within the United States except California, Alaska, and Hawaii, and you must be authorized to work in the United States.
Paid time off
We typically provide two weeks of paid time off your first year, three weeks your second and third years, and four weeks for each year after that. We are open to swapping a few weeks vacation time for a lower salary. If you are interested in this, let us know.
We encourage you to use it. We recognize that happy and well-rested developers are successful developers. We only ask that if you go somewhere exotic for vacation, you share photos with your co-workers!
The Innolitics retreats
We meet once each year to have some fun and get face time with one another. The retreats usually begin Thursday afternoon and end Saturday afternoon. The destination always changes. Previous retreats have been in Austin, Nashville, Dallas, New York City, Boulder, Houston, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. Typically we rent a large Airbnb for the entire team (although this is becoming more challenging as we grow).
Up your game
We invest in the personal and professional development of all our team members. We dedicate two and a half hours on Wednesday afternoons to ongoing learning. We use this time to learn about new tools and techniques and discuss a wide array of topics related to our field. Here is a list of our previous learning topics; it's OK if you are unfamiliar with these topics, but they should interest you.
We provide a 401(k), with Traditional and Roth options. Innolitics contributes 3% of salary per year to your 401(k), and that money vests immediately. The 401(k) plan includes very low-cost index mutual funds, and we cover all the plan costs.
We provide company health insurance (read more about this in our handbook).
We offer bonuses based on performance-milestones and company profitability.
We reimburse internet costs up to $100/month and provide a $500/year equipment stipend.
Our company handbook
Our company handbook contains a lot of useful information about how we work. Please feel free to browse through it if you are interested.
How to apply
- Complete this coding quiz. It should take less than 30 minutes to complete. Include your email and full name with the quiz, and please only start and submit a single response
- Write a cover letter, introduce yourself, and explain why Innolitics and this position in particular interests you and why you are a great fit. Please include your preferred start date and the state you live in. Include links to projects you've built (or anything else that makes you look good), and describe your role in building them. If they’re internal projects, you can skip the link part.
- If you have a prepared resume, include it in your email. An informal list of your work and education history will work too.
- Email the cover letter and resume to [email protected] after you have completed the coding quiz. Use the same email you used when performing the coding quiz.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We will try to review coding quiz submission, cover letter, and resume within two days of receiving your application. If we feel that you are a good fit for the position, we will email you and schedule a 45-minute phone call. If we don't feel you are a good fit we will let you know that as well. Due to the volume of applicants we typically receive, if you don't follow all of the instructions above, we likely won't respond.
We will try to respond as quickly as we can since we know that waiting for a job-offer can be stressful, especially if you have offers from other companies. However, sometimes we need to wait a few days so that we can finish interviewing other candidates.Apply for this job