Jr. Content Marketing Manager - (Uscreen)
Uscreen Full Time Marketing
Remote Job Description
Ready to create some magic?
Our marketing team is growing and we’re looking for amazing talent to join our pack. This position is best suited for a junior content marketer, with a strong desire to grow their skills. The right person will help us execute our content strategy by supporting our lead Content Marketing Manager’s everyday tasks: from content planning to publishing.
We need someone ready to start contributing without a steep learning curve, so this position is not suited for entry-level applicants. SaaS experience is preferred, but not a deal-breaker. We use WordPress for our blog, so working knowledge of the platform is a must.
Our team is incredibly passionate, smart, supportive, skilled, open to learning, happy to take constructive criticism and use it to level up. We’re looking for someone who can match that energy and help us scale.
About the role:
Our future Jr. Content Marketing Manager will support our lead Content Marketing Manager by splitting the workload. You’ll be focusing roughly 70% of your time on research, writing briefs, managing contractors and publishing content on our website. The remaining 30% will be split between managing and editing contributing articles as well as writing, with a small piece allocated for some miscellaneous tasks and team meetings.
This is a full-time remote position, and is not suited for a digital nomad lifestyle. We require a steady internet connection and a mandatory overlap of working hours with the rest of the team.
- 1+ years of experience writing (with writing samples to support)
- 1+ years of experience managing content
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Impeccable sense of grammar and punctuation (American English)
- A fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (with their own laptop)
- Genuine interest in the video market
- Able to overlap at least 4 hours with our distributed team: from 6AM to noon ET
- Quick to learn and able to understand audiences
- Able to work independently
- Native or near-native English speaker
- Confident researcher who loves facts, hard evidence and numbers, with source info to prove it (‘Trust me bro’ doesn’t count)
- Overall a kind and fun person 🙂
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience with Mailchimp is a bonus
- Experience in SaaS industry / team
- Degree or relevant experience in Marketing Communication, Journalism, or similar
- Knowledge of OTT or video industry in general (Nice to have but not a deal-breaker)
- Good sense of content trends
- Join an amazing, creative and motivated team
- Work from anywhere (OK, almost anywhere…), as long as you have regular overlap with Eastern Time business hours and reliable internet connectivity.
- 20 paid days off per year (eligible after the first 6 months with the company)
- Budget for personal development
How to apply:
Before applying, please note:
This is a junior position in a true sense of the word. Yes, some experience is required, but we need someone who’s ready to spend majority of the time executing and helping with technical side of content marketing.
- Click on the Apply Button and fill in the form
- We review the applications and email candidates who qualify for the second round
- The qualified candidates will be asked to do a test task: usually a video of yourself answering a few questions
- After we review the submissions, we will organize a Skype interview with the successful candidates