We're looking for an Interactive Designer to join the Brand Studio team at Zapier. The Brand Studio team is responsible for ensuring that Zapier delivers high-quality, consistent, differentiated, and meaningful brand experiences through our customer’s journey. The Sr. Interaction Designer will lead the design of our non-product web experience. This includes everything from the homepage to bespoke brand advertising experiences. This role requires strong visual communication, a love of designing the internet, and a systems mindset to build scaleable systems across the entire company.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You’re a strong designer. You are passionate about design consistency across multiple touch-points and are adept at creating well-crafted, and engaging creative, as well as understanding the power of using motion in your concepts.
You understand how to make “great internet”. You understand what’s possible and interesting in the interactive world, and love making unique and engaging interactive experiences that are also intuitive and clear.
You have a strong user-centred approach. You understand how to design for accessibility, and collaborate with content design and user research to build the best solutions for our audience across platforms, devices and environments.
You see the whole picture. You build with end-to-end experience in mind, not just one web surface.
You’re a systems thinker. You see the big picture and know how to balance it alongside obsessing over the details, including building processes that allow others to easily self-serve.
You are an excellent written communicator. We’re also a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier. You’re able to explain the rationale of your work, presenting to clients, cross-functional teammates and/or collaborators.
You are self-directed and process-driven. At Zapier, we believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
You’re solid at time management. You’ll juggle a variety of fast-moving communications projects, and as a part of a distributed team, you’ll be trusted to work with minimal supervision. As a part of a growing company, you have an opportunity to make a big impact, and you’re keen to build processes that’ll make your job more efficient over time.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Report directly to our Creative Director, working collaboratively with other designers, our producer and strategist, as well as cross-functionally with marketing and product
- Design high-quality beautiful web
- If you want, you’ll have many opportunities to be a design generalist and design things that aren’t interactive
- Design intuitive interface functionality, including interaction states, site architecture, user flows, and navigation
- Lead design exploration of what web could look like within various directions, focusing on the creation of all of our logged-out pages.
- Collaborate with design systems to design and implement components in Figma
- Collaborate directly with engineers to realize and QA your work
- Conduct usability testing, A/B testing and rapid prototyping
- Help to develop our guidelines and best practices for a consistent experience across the web
- Work collaboratively with UX Research, Product and Marketing to build solid user and brand experiences
- As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.