Integrations Engineer - ( Sensu )
Sensu Full Time Engineering Remote-US
Remote Job Description
About the Position
We are looking for a new member of our engineering team to contribute to the success of our Integrations story at Sensu. You’ll be the full-time engineer working on making our data collection and integration plugins (e.g. AWS, Kubernetes, PagerDuty, ServiceNow, Influx, etc) a world-class part of our product story. As a fully integrated part of our engineering team, you’ll work with Product, Developer Advocates and Customer Reliability to build, optimize and maintain our plugins. Additionally, you will be involved in reviewing Community contributions and assist in shepherding those into the project (we operate on an Open-Core model and have a thriving OSS community with over 180 community-contributed plugins)!
Sensu is a fully distributed team with employees all over the United States and Canada. We are headquartered in Portland, Oregon (where our CEO lives, and where we have a small dedicated co-working space), and we are a registered employer in Canada. Our job postings need to have a physical location for the purposes of integration with various job platforms (e.g. Indeed.com and Monster.com), but anyone located in the United States or Canada is welcome to apply.
- Working with our internal team to prioritize and deliver best-in-class plugins for Sensu Go.
- Collaborating with our Developer Advocates to review and help maintain community-supported plugin efforts.
Our ideal candidate will meet most of the following qualifications. Please don't disqualify yourself if you feel you are missing one or two (or three even?) of these skills – you probably have others or experiences that we didn't think to document here that may be just as valuable! We hire for strengths, not a lack of weaknesses – tells us what yours are!
- Experience with both Ruby and GoLang. Our plugins are a mix of these languages and some work will be required in both.
- Experience working with third-party HTTP APIs. The ability to read API documentation and troubleshoot integrations with various third-party APIs will be a critical skill for this role.
- Familiarity with public cloud and cloud native platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Docker), modern databases such as Elasticsearch, Prometheus, and InfluxDB; and DevOps tools such as Terraform, Vagrant, Ansible, Chef, Puppet are a huge bonus. This is our ecosystem.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Able to excel and be productive in a remote working environment; we are a distributed team and take pride in our ability to digitally collaborate!
- Be the ultimate teammate, happy to collaborate with your incredible colleagues regardless of org chart.
- Committed to work in accordance with our Code of Conduct.
Professional Development Opportunities
At Sensu, professional development is not only encouraged – it is expected. Individual career growth opportunities abound and are paid for as an employee benefit (up to $5,000 per employee per year). Looking to level up some technical ability, advance your leadership skills, or continue some education? Whether you're beginning your career or mastering your craft, Sensu will help you get to the next level of you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sensu does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law (or human decency) in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Furthermore, we believe that homogeneous teams are not only boring, but also disadvantaged due to a lack of diversity (of vantage points, etc).