Back To All Remote Jobs View All Hr Jobs
Human Resources Coordinator - (Esalen)
Esalen Full Time Hr Remote-US
Remote Job Description
At Esalen, we believe in the power of our potential -- both in our staff and in our global community of students and faculty who turn to us for transformative learning experiences. More than 50 years ago, Esalen co-founders imagined a place inspired by Abraham Maslow’s psychology of peak experiences and Aldous Huxley’s belief in “human potentialities”, the unrealized capacities of our mind and body. Today we build on this legacy by creating deep connections in a world challenged by disconnection and isolation; reigniting awe and wonder to spark greater curiosity about ourselves and others; and asking the questions that can lead to transformative change both for an individual and society.
Esalen isn’t just a place to work, it’s an invitation to help change the world.
- This role plays a key part of the Esalen Human Resources team. This is a 40 hour-per-week position, reporting to the Human Resources Manager.
- Provide administrative support to the HR Department
- Set-up and maintain and file day-to-day HR records, including employment, worker’s compensation and medical
- Assist HR Manager in monthly housing changes, including maintenance of staff and Extended Student lists
- Makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions
- Process mail
- Data entry and daily maintenance of HRIS
- Maintain personnel forms and coordinate changes/updates with payroll staff
- Assist with accident investigation with respect to worker’s compensation claims
- Submit and report all new worker’s compensation cases to our WC carrier and provide all necessary follow-up documentation as needed
- Assist HR Generalist in the administration of benefits and worker’s compensation
- Review and organize storage for accident and injury reports
- Ensure accident/illness reports are completed throughout Esalen in a timely fashion
- Process and updates employee change requests and paperwork
- File papers and documents into appropriate employee files
- Assist with processing of terminations/exit interviews
- Administer orientation of new hires
- Verify I-9 documentation and maintains current documentation
- Participate in planning and implementing Staff Week
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of HR policies and procedures in a manner that is consistent with Esalen’s overall HR strategies
- Participate in Safety Committee with HR team
- Assist with special safety trainings that may be required and work with HR as to how to best deliver these trainings
- Provide excellent customer service to Esalen staff and the greater community
- Assists HR with various research projects and/or special projects
- Other various tasks as assigned
- Exceptional computer skills and high level expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiarity with HR processes and procedures
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Prior experience working with organizational safety issues
- Demonstrate good judgment and ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Common sense and empathy
- It is a plus to have spent time at Esalen
- Esalen functions best when all staff work toward the common mission of encouraging everyone to reach our highest human potential. With this goal in mind, this job description is not intended to cover or contain an all-encompassing listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice based on Esalen’s and your team’s needs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to maneuver on uneven ground, sit for long periods of time, occasionally carry and lift up to 25 pounds, and be able to perform daily repetitive hand motions as it pertains to computer mouse and keyboard.
- This role offers a generous benefits package including competitive pay commensurate with experience, medical and dental insurance, and paid time off. In alignment with Esalen’s mission in advancing human potential, staff are encouraged to engage in a wide range of personal and professional development programs designed by Esalen faculty and staff.
Esalen Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply for this job