The Human Resource (HR)Data Analyst will collect, compile, and analyze HR data and apply this data to inform business decisions including but not limited to recruitment, retention, compensation, HR trends, etc. The position will support the broader HR team by creating standard and ad-hoc reports, analyzing workforce data, identifying data trends, and ensuring HR data integrity. This position will leverage a variety of data sources and fields (worker headcount, employee demographics, job requisition, compensation, etc.) to deliver results.
The below represents some of the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Collects and compiles HR metrics and data from a variety of sources including the human resource information system (HRIS), management and employee surveys, employment records, and other sources.
- Creates ad-hoc and standard monthly reports, using various reporting tools to extract and manipulate data.
- Designs and develops queries for reporting and HR projects
- Analyzes data for trends and patterns with attention to recruitment, hiring practices, turnover, compensation, and other HR metrics.
- Uses data visualization programs, tools and techniques to generate dashboards, reports and presentations that aid in data storytelling.
- Analyze monthly HR department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, or related field required.4+ years of HR or data analysis experience
- Ability to gather, analyze, interpret, and translate data into meaningful insights
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience with data analytics and visualization software such as PowerBI
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS, payroll, and similar employee management software.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
• Education & Awareness
• Client Community
• Company Representation
• Advocacy & Support
• Fairness & Equality
• PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.