The HR Advisor works with our internal team of HR experts to support our clients with their day-to-day HR questions, document needs, and employee handbooks based on platform. This position requires the ability to rapidly move from one HR topic to another while effectively communicating complex ideas and scenarios in an easy-to-understand manner. In addition, this person may be paired as a dedicated HR Professional for select clients, reviewing client audits, interpreting the results, analyzing for state and federal violations and risk, developing recommended best practices, and guiding the client through an HR action plan. This position requires a keen sense of prioritization combined with a broad and deep understanding of the HR field and insights into applying HR practices in a business environment. As informal team leaders, the HR Advisor also develops others within the organization by coaching, mentoring, and reviewing colleagues’ work. Therefore, supportive and collaborative personal skills are of the utmost importance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and build a productive, trusting relationship with clients
- Provide guidance to clients across the nation for their HR practices
- Responsible for responding to clients' HR questions and document requests (by phone and/or in writing)
- Suggest HR best practices and efficiencies to support healthier workplaces and company growth
- Able to take client calls to our hotline at a moment's notice on a broad range of HR topics
- May develop and customize employee handbooks for clients in all 50 states; ability explain and edit handbook in real-time via client consultation
- May provided consultative support to a dedicated roster of clients
- Work with our HR Content team to develop new tools and features for our clients to use through our website
- Serve as a subject matter expert for client inquiries and internal development of people and resources
- Collaborate with colleagues to constantly improve team workflow
- Engage in mentoring and coaching activities for team members
- 6+ years of experience working in an in-house Human Resources role with generalist responsibilities, OR 5 years of experience acting as an external HR advisor (such as Mineral)
- 4+ years’ experience working with employment laws and wage and hour regulations
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge across a wide variety of employment and/or benefits-related topics
- HRCI or SHRM HR Certification required (scheduled exam date is acceptable)
- Ability to organize and efficiently manage multiple priorities with a keen sense of urgency
- Demonstrated experience working with various mandatory leave requirements, developing and reviewing HR policies, composing written explanations of employment law and employee relations issues
- Ability to consult with executives, business owners, and individual contributors with confidence, and strong business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and oral), and presentation skills
- Strong customer service skills; ability to explain complex HR issues to non-HR people in an easy to understand way
- High level of discretion and ability follow confidentiality protocols
Benefits and Perks
Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
401k + company match
Flexible PTO + Company Holidays
Corporate Bonus Program
Paid Family Leave
Other market competitive perks and benefits
Every small business journey is different, filled with its own twists and turns. Mineral is with them every step of the way, taking the guesswork out of HR and compliance so that they’re always ready for whatever lies ahead.
Mineral brings together the best of two HR and compliance powerhouses: ThinkHR and Mammoth.
By combining certified HR experts with tech-enabled tools, Mineral takes the guesswork out of HR. Our innovative platform is a one-stop resource for small businesses, filled with everything they need to tackle even the trickiest workplace issues with confidence.
Humble brag alert: Mineral has been consistently recognized for our award-winning culture, and we’re especially proud of our 2020 Great places to Work certification. Simply put, Mineral is a place where people want to be, which could explain why we’ve also been ranked among the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
As a company, Mineral is also made up of incredibly diverse, vibrant individuals, working together for the greater good. We’re here to help our clients build healthy, thriving organizations, and we’re looking for some like-minded people to help us do it.
**This role is open to candidates seeking remote employment.**