Back To All Remote Jobs View All Hr Jobs
HR Administrator, Remote, Temp - (Drop)
Drop Contract Hr Remote-US Remote-Canada
Remote Job Description
Who We Are
Drop (formerly Massdrop) is designing products differently. By tapping into data and insights from uniquely passionate people and applying them to our curated selections and exclusive designs, we deliver inventive products that fuel a variety of interests. Founded in 2012, Drop empowers people around the world to discover new, diverse products every day; participate in product development; and learn and share with a community 7 million strong.
About the Role
Drop is looking for an enthusiastic and process-oriented Human Resources Administrator to oversee key human resources functions including HR administration, database and personnel record management, and addressing HR-related queries from employees and external partners.
Our ideal candidate has experience with HR procedures and can juggle various administrative tasks in a timely manner, with a high level of discretion and autonomy.
Drop is a distributed workplace which means none of us work out of an office. We’re looking to expand beyond our San Francisco-based team to include great remote talent located anywhere in the US or Canada. The role will report directly to the VP of People & Culture.
This is a contractor position that will support Drop from October - January 2020, with the possibility for extension. This is a 40/hour per week contract at $30-$35 per hour, DOE.
- Organize and maintain personnel records
- Update internal databases (e.g. record sick or maternity leave)
- Oversee FMLA, leaves of absences and benefits requests.
- Prepare HR documents, like employment contracts and new hire guides
- Liaise with external partners, like insurance vendors, and ensure legal compliance
- Create regular reports and presentations on HR metrics (e.g. turnover rates)
- Answer employees queries about HR-related issues
- Support VP of People & Culture in pulling appropriate employee data and other administrative requests as needed.
- 3+ years experience as an HR Administrator, HR Administrative Assistant or relevant role
- Experience with HR software, like HRIS or HRMS
- Comfortable working independently and communicating with employees and manager using systems like Slack and Asana
- Thorough knowledge of labor laws and HR compliance
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects
- Ability to handle multiple requests with ease, and a high level of discretion
- Experience working in a fast-paced, small startup environment
- BS in Human Resources or relevant field is a plus