Be part of building a brand new research team that will inform conversations in healthcare. This new team, Olive’s “Data Fountain” research team, will be in charge of surfacing valuable insights from the company’s healthcare data. These insights will support the company’s reason for being, which is to help fix the broken healthcare system The goal of Olive’s Data Fountain is to become a go-to public source for healthcare insights and, in doing so, help drive awareness of Olive’s role as the company delivering true innovation to the industry.
The Marketing Data Analyst will drive the use of Olive’s valuable data for public conversations. Responsibilities will include activities like data profiling, data discovery and analysis, requirements definition, testing and continuous improvement of data analysis and transformation processes. As a Marketing Data Analyst, you relish tallying up the numbers one minute and communicating your findings to a team leader the next. You can see different angles of potential approach to delivering insights and you know how to connect the dots and interact with people broadly to communicate findings. You will work to effectively turn hypotheses, business questions, and public health questions into data analyses and provide meaningful recommendations on strategy.The ideal candidate is inquisitive, creative and self-driven. This is an opportunity to be part of the creation of an entirely new and very innovative effort and ability to work within a dynamic high-growth startup environment will be important.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques to deliver insights worthy of publication in channels including PR, social, blog and elsewhere
- Implement analytical solutions and other strategies that optimize efficiency and quality
- Provide reports including live dashboards and ad-hoc requests
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Filter and “clean” data to provide reliable data sets
Olive’s AI workforce is built to fix our broken healthcare system by addressing healthcare’s most burdensome issues -- delivering hospitals and health systems increased revenue, reduced costs, and increased capacity. People feel lost in the system today and healthcare employees are essentially working in the dark due to outdated technology that creates a lack of shared knowledge and siloed data. Olive is designed to drive connections, shining a new light on the broken healthcare processes that stand between providers and patient care. She uses AI to reveal life-changing insights that make healthcare more efficient, affordable and effective. Olive’s vision is to unleash a trillion dollars of hidden potential within healthcare by connecting its disconnected systems. Olive is improving healthcare operations today, so everyone can benefit from a healthier industry tomorrow.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Health/Medical Informatics or similar fields or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in data analysis, data mining and manipulation
- Experience analyzing healthcare data is required
- Capable of successfully working with data that is not yet standardized; ability to pull data, move into a sandbox environment, standardize large data sets and data from disparate sources, take a sampling of the data and collect insights in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Comfortable collaborating with a wide range of functional disciplines, including data analysts, product managers, project managers, marketing, PR and communications professionals
- Experience in analyzing, defining and documenting business processes and rules
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Strong working knowledge of databases (preferably AWS data stack, snowflake), and querying languages (SQL)
- Previous experience with analytical programing languages (Python, R) and related data manipulation packages (Pandas, Numpy, dplyr, tidyr)
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data environments
- Understanding of Medical claims, Rx Claims, Clinical data, Eligibility, Healthcare insurance benefit set up, provider data, healthcare industry standard datasets like ICD, CPT, SNOMED is a plus.
- Knowledge of medical claim file contents (both UB04 and HCFA-1500) and adjustment/reversal logic
- Foundational understanding of how the evidence of data can support marketing and communications initiatives
At Olive, we're committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and other minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. Olive encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Olive AI, Inc. may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.