Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $190,000-$284,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
- Oversee all workforce management for all YouTube vendor operations, including those of Trust and Safety and Support Operations.
- Direct the workforce partnership with the Global Operations Center team, on behalf of the Global Scaled Operation (GSO) team.
- Introduce new approaches to the business and advocate them to the right stakeholders.
- Influence cross-functional directors and actively participate in discussions and decisions involving leadership.
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams locally and globally to drive continuous vertical and horizontal improvements at scale.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in workforce management, operations, and extended workforce industry, or similar roles.
- 7 years of experience in people management.
- MBA or Graduate degree.
- Experience in program management on cross-functional projects.
- Experience in workforce management tools such as Verint, Nice, Calibrio, etc.
- Experience in developing and communicating strategy at the executive level for decision-making with clear recommendations using a fact/data-based approach.
- Experience in dealing with ambiguity, achieving results in a fast-paced environment and to change business needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with multiple levels including the executive leadership team, peers and managers.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: San Bruno, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.