As Head of Product Marketing, you will lead G2’s award-winning product marketing team -- which has been recognized as one of B2B tech’s best.
We’re looking for a passionate storyteller and builder of product marketing teams. You will lead the team responsible for the positioning, messaging, and marketing strategies across G2’s offerings for both sellers and buyers as “the place for software.”
This is a highly cross-functional role requiring close partnership with the product, marketing, sales, and customer success teams globally.
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
G2 is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than six million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. G2 features over 1 million authentic customer reviews, has built a global team of nearly 400 talented, motivated professionals, and has raised $100M in total funding from some of the world’s leading investors
In this role, you will:
Be an expert on our users (buyers and sellers) and our competitive position.
- Refine and document G2’s personas and core segments across both buyers and sellers.
- Be plugged into wider industry trends; gather and share competitive and market intelligence and incorporate those findings into future go-to-market strategies.
- Collaborate closely on market and competitive intelligence to evolve the way we position our products in the market.
Build and grow a high-performing, engaged team of product marketers.
- Lead a team of product marketers, both managers and individual contributors.
- Serve as a coach and a leader, helping to develop the skills and careers of your team so they achieve their goals.
Develop the messaging and help shape the value proposition of G2’s product offerings.
- Develop the segmentation, positioning, and messaging to communicate our value proposition and product solutions.
- Collaborate with product to ensure G2’s value proposition is woven throughout the buyer and seller experience.
Support our sales team in driving growth of our solutions for software sellers.
- Help G2 evolve towards solutions-selling, with unique offerings tailored to help small, mid-market, and enterprise software companies grow.
- Own the “G2 seller story” online and within sales materials, ensuring that our messaging is high-impact and tailored to the needs of each segment.
- Develop content to help prospects and existing sellers understand and adopt G2’s offerings, including website pages, sales collateral, and bottom of funnel content (e.g. product videos, training, case studies).
- Partner with the Revenue team on pricing and packaging of G2’s Seller solutions.
Design campaign strategies to promote our products to both buyers and sellers.
- Develop campaigns to impact awareness, drive traffic, and develop our pipeline.
- Orchestrate large scale launches, working with the broader marketing team.
Be a stellar cross-functional teammate.
- Provide input and be a partner to the product management team as they develop and optimize the product roadmap.
- Participate in sales calls and get feedback to improve sales enablement assets, training, and messaging.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Have 10+ years of experience at fast-growing SaaS or marketplace companies.
- Are skilled storytellers, able to develop a differentiated and memorable narrative for any product and coach others to do the same.
- Can interpret traffic, usage, and pipeline data to make decisions and to support compelling storytelling.
- Have high adaptability, including the ability to navigate competing priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- Love to write (and help others write) human-centered value messaging that captivates, educates, and converts.
- Excel at working across teams and motivating disparate groups to achieve a shared goal.
- Have a track record of hiring and growing high-performing marketers -- and helping them reach their next career peak.
What can help your application stand out:
- Have been a G2 customer.
- Are well-versed in the enterprise software buying process.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here