As Skillshare’s Head of Platform Operations, you’ll oversee our talented support, trust & safety, and moderation teams who provide an inclusive, safe, and transparent platform experience for our vibrant global user base. You’ll report directly to the COO and represent operations across the company – anticipating our growing platform needs and leading the strategy to meet them, and evangelizing the impact of operations from a broader business perspective with high-level stakeholders.
We’ll look to your track record leading multi-tiered trust & safety operations, customer support, or policy development for global platforms with user-generated content to drive our operations into the next phase of scale and empower our teams to deliver an amazing experience to our community.
What you'll do:
- Oversee and evangelize Skillshare’s platform operations, including customer support, trust & safety, policy, and moderation
- Manage and scale a team of 5 in-house employees and a large group of global contract support, trust & safety, and moderation agents
- Identify areas of improvement for our operations, customer experience, and moderation policies and collaborate with other departments to implement changes
- Lead the operations team to provide the insights and platform to deliver a world-class experience across user touch points
- Proactively anticipate and address our needs as we scale internationally, including policies and guidelines that we will need to put into place to address users in different markets
- Determine and evolve success metrics for platform operations based on data analysis, platform updates, and global user trends
Why we're excited about you:
- You have a demonstrated track record of leading global platform operations for tech companies with multiple customer segments and business lanes
- You’ve led multi-tiered trust & safety, customer support, and/or moderation for global platforms with user-generated content – experience with developing and leading policy strategy is a huge plus
- You’re a strong manager with diverse team-building experience, and a track record of attracting and retaining great talent.
- You understand how to engage, train, and inspire global teams at scale.
- You have a user-centric mindset and a demonstrated track record of championing the user to influence business decisions
- You have experience managing complex cross-functional projects, building trusted relationships, and influencing stakeholders at all levels
- You’re an effective communicator who is able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: You’ll be at the helm of an incredibly talented team, building upon our existing support, trust & safety, and moderation foundations to drive our operations into the next phase of global scale.
- Growth: We invest in our people. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your team and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC
, and Forbes
, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace
, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly
. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation
, and inclusive work environment for all.