Back To All Remote Jobs View All Hr Jobs
Head of People - (Retail Zipline)
Retail Zipline Full Time Hr Remote-US
Remote Job Description
Zipline is a made up of a 100% remote team of hardworking humans who value empathy, collaboration, and effectiveness, working across geographies towards a shared mission: to bring retail operations out of the dark ages and give companies effective tools that their employees love to use. You will help improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees and save them from sad, slow, inefficient systems (think fax machines, voicemails, and the postal service). People deserve better! We need your help to make this happen.
Within the past year, we’ve scaled rapidly - growing from a tiny team of twelve to more than fifty - and that growth shows no signs of slowing down. As our Head of HR, you’ll help solidify our people strategy, enhance and develop our (already strong) culture, and build some key HR processes from the ground-up. We like to say we’re a “retail company in the tech industry,” which means we put customer happiness and genuine empathy ahead of all else.
We’re looking for somebody with proven success in high-growth startups and/or distributed teams who don’t mind flexing between strategic and tactical responsibilities on a daily (more like, hourly!) basis. You’ll work directly with our tenured CEO and Leadership Team and guide an internal team of two independent contributors to bring your recommendations and plans to life.
- Develop strategies to best implement annual performance reviews, goals, pay and performance, and employee policies and guidelines according to federal and state laws and regulations
- Guide and develop two internal employees that will outline company policies (the US and Canada) and procedures in support of organizational goals.
- Leading the development and implementation of employee programs and processes that will support operational requirements, lead and inspire a mission-driven culture and reinforce the reputation as an employer of choice.
- Identify opportunities for improving, developing and conserving human resources
- Consult on best practices and SAAS industry norms in areas like travel, reimbursement, onboarding, etc. Adhere to all internal policies and legal standards.
- Work with our recruiter to make sure the candidate experience is seamless from the interview to onboarding, Understanding, and experience with Employer Branding and Recruitment Marketing strategies
- Organizational development, employment law, performance management, employee relations, and benefits and compensation and how each role will be measured for success
- Developing and implementing a company’s human resources business plan, establishing accountability, identifying solutions to resolve problems, and fostering a diverse workplace that enables all employees to contribute to the organization at their full potential.
- Advise the CEO and LT on HR best practices for all-hands, all-employee events, etc. as well as support the leadership team by providing human resources direction, advice, and counsel
- Advise on international (Canada) and US contractors and full-time guidelines.
- Earns and acts as a trusted advisor and partner to the Enterprise Imaging senior leadership team on all matters related to people and organizational effectiveness
- Help us set up programs and practices that continue our culture of teamwork and empathy
- Recommend programs and technologies that make it easier to work, give recognition, and support cross-functional collaboration.
- Forge the way of creating best practices for a fully remote team that has operated as distributed from day 1.
- Help lead DEI efforts, an internal team, and ongoing inclusion education to increase awareness, advocacy, and impact
- Develop a budget for culture supporting activities and ROI (if relevant)
- Help prioritize what 1-2 activities we should focus on; separate the critical few from the important many
- Understanding of cultural norms, best practice, traditions, and working with diverse teams
More about you:
- 8+ years in HR, 3 + years of leadership experience
- Must have SAAS or technical industry background, structuring and workforce planning, implementing annual performance reviews, job leveling, equity, and HR infrastructure experience
- Previously working with a distributed team is an asset, but not required
- You’ve been part of a high growth startup and are keen to do it again.
- Must have worked with US and Canadian teams (as well as international) is an asset, but not required.
- A strong, positive, optimistic leader with a resilient attitude and experience making things work in early-stage companies, a solid track record of influencing senior business leaders while demonstrating excellent decision quality
- Proven experience and expertise leading an organization through complex organizational, technology and culture change, or other business transformation.
- Strong aptitude in productivity techs such as Slack, Basecamp, Google Drive, Zoom, and Guru required. It’s helpful if you have also used other solutions (e.g. Donut, PTO ninja, Miroboard, Trello) and can recommend them to increase shared connection and productivity in a distributed team
- Ability to effectively communicate to, present to, influence, or befriend all levels within an organization.
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- Self-motivated, passionate about having an impact, and creative with problem-solving
We value the diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.Apply for this job