Very is a remote-first company, meaning we don’t have a physical office, and you can work from anywhere in the continental United States. We’re looking for a Head of People Operations to come lead our ‘HR & People Development Organization’. This person will design and build the systems that will keep us agile and collaborative as we scale. You will report directly to our CEO and will be a critical partner and advisor to him and the other members of the leadership team. While you lead with empathy, you have an equally strong track-record of making data-based decisions to deliver results.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 5+ years in HR at a tech services company
- 5+ years of experience in HR leadership (Director+)
- 3+ years in People Development
- Created a robust People roadmap and strategy in line with objectives, vision, and strategy and drives a positive employee experience
- A strong analytical mind that places a high value on leading with empathy and awareness
- Successful track record of supporting distributed/remote teams across the US and/or Latin America.
What You’ll Be Working On
Very has been a remote company since before it became normal — 2011, to be exact. We’ve built a collaborative, tight-knit team that thrives, whether we’re hanging out in person at our annual retreat or coordinating work across time zones. The results show that we’re doing something right. In 2020, we were named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces, Parity.org
's Best Companies for Women to Advance List, and Fatherly’s Best Places to Work for Dads.
Clients like Peloton, Vizio, Clear, iHeart Radio, Complex Media, Shopkeep, and more come to us for answers to their thorniest questions. We bring them a world-class product team that delivers end-to-end IoT solutions.
We are looking for strategic guidance and execution over the following initiatives:
- People Development (aka L&D) - Your #1 goal is for Very to become best-in-class at technical talent development. Our people are mission-critical to deliver top-shelf white-glove service to our customers.
- Employee Life Cycle - First impressions are lasting ones. From the first interview to continued L&D, your role is to create Very brand fans that love what they do and who they work for.
- Culture & Workplace Wellness - We are a “wellness first” culture. We are a remote-first work environment that wants to provide an engaged workplace for our people. You will be responsible for continuing to deliver excellent remote workforce engagement, employee wellness initiatives, and strategies for how to create in-person connections with our colleagues.
With an eye towards the following:
- Building upon a comprehensive L&D strategy for our technical team
- Using people-related data to drive better decision-making and develop key metrics to measure employee happiness, performance, engagement, and retention.
- Measuring and iterating on the effectiveness of our talent acquisition process and team.
- Creating a best-in-class employee experience, with an emphasis on engagement, retention and culture
- Implementing accountability measures to ensure that our organization upholds and acts with DEI values at the core of everything that we do
- Managing and mentoring our HR team.
- Acting as a strategic partner to the CEO and other executives
- Managing a thorough and comprehensive performance management life cycle
How You’ll Be Compensated
We believe in a transparent, fair compensation structure and have developed our own open salary formula. Depending on your skill and experience, you can expect a salary of $155,000 - $185,000 (depending on experience) upon joining the company. We also offer a generous maternity/paternity leave policy, fully funded health, vision and dental plans, 33% 401K matching, and numerous other employee benefits including reimbursement up to $1,000 for home office equipment.