Head of Developer Education and Product Experience
- Full Time
Remote Job Description
The Developer Education team sits at the intersection of Engineering and Learning & Development, and ensures that the technical learning strategy is well integrated with the overall employee learning journey at Netflix. Our mission is to help all Netflix engineers, scientists, and solution developers be as informed and productive as possible by ensuring they have access to curated knowledge, education, and support resources, when and where they need them.
Team initiatives include New hire onboarding , Overall knowledge strategy and information architecture for product documentation, Go-to-market support and strategy for internal product launches and Engineering wide programs to build community and drive innovation.
We are looking for a skilled DevEd leader to create a forward-looking vision and strategy that amplifies the impact of our current technical education work. This is a dynamic opportunity to transform our existing developer education team into a force multiplier for the Netflix Platform, especially as Netflix engineering transitions into a remote inclusive organization. We’re looking for a self-starter who is passionate about technology, and learning and can think outside of the box to help us scale.
What you will do...
- Drive vision, strategy, & operations of our technical learning efforts across Netflix
- Build and lead a diverse team of program managers, instructional designers, technical writers, and facilitators
- Foster a culture of learning that promotes inclusion and diversity in our teams, interactions, and learning models
- Develop strong partnerships with Engineering, Product, and Support teams to create continuous feedback loops to ensure we’re solving the most impactful problems
- Evolve learning strategy to be product-led with relevant KPIs to assess learning impact and tune roadmap.
Your experience includes or demonstrates...
- Strong leadership of technical education teams through the setting of vision and strategy, and a track record of successful execution producing positive outcomes
- Design and implementation of diverse learning formats and blended instructional methods
- The ability to navigate diverse stakeholder groups, forming and sustaining successful partnerships by influencing up, down, and across
- Creating and maintaining a learning culture that amplifies the organization’s potential
- The ability to paint and evolve a long-term vision, while executing a near-term plan
Other attributes we are excited for...
- Good understanding of modern application architectures, software development lifecycle, data processing needs, cloud infrastructure, and developer tooling
- Good understanding of the education space for engineers and data scientists, including learning styles and approaches
- Participation in technical learning communities to keep us abreast of best practices and cutting-edge ideas
Does this sound interesting but overwhelming? Please don’t self-select out; let’s figure it out together. We’d love to talk to you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds more substantial teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $180,000 - $900,000.