As Growth Scientist for YouTube Shorts, you will serve as a core strategic data analyst and have the exciting opportunity to help build new strategies to drive scaled growth to YouTube shorts content ecosystem. You will provide support for the business team, including creator segmentation, opportunity identification, performance measurement, predictive modeling, and metric definition all leading to better data-driven business recommendations.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $107,000-$163,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
- Work cross-functionally with business leaders, Marketing, Operations, Data Science, Strategy, and Product teams to identify opportunities, design, and assess improvements to YouTube shorts business.
- Help the business team develop creator acquisition and engagement strategies, evaluate the efficacy of various approaches, and learn and iterate for the future.
- Conduct non-routine analysis, including data gathering from large and complex data sets, processing, analysis, and employing advanced statistical and Machine Learning methods with ongoing deliverables to improve the quality of YouTube scaled operations model for shorts creators.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale.
- Make business recommendations (e.g., cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) conveying findings at multiple levels including executive leadership, managers, and peers through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering), or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in operations analytics or business analytics.
- Experience in using relational databases for SQL queries, database definition, and schema design.
- Experience in building and managing dashboards (e.g., datastudio).
- Experience in building extract, transform, load (ETLs), and Machine Learning pipelines.
- Ability to present to executives and communicate with the technical management team.
- Excellent problem-solving, creative, and cross-functional skills.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: San Bruno, CA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.