Back To All Remote Jobs View All Software Engineer Jobs
Frontend Engineer - Kraken
Kraken Full Time Software Engineer
Remote Job Description
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products is playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Frontend developer interested in working on a greenfield internal Admin interface project built using Next.js and React. You will be responsible for replacing and improving our legacy admin feature set whilst ensuring the code written is scalable, reusable, maintainable, and most importantly has a very low barrier to entry for contribution from other teams who might not be familiar with the codebase. You will be coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- 2+ years of professional experience working with React
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Meaningful experience working on either large complex enterprise-level systems or proven ability to build a greenfield product from start to finish
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Forensic attention to detail
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude
- You’re passionate about software development... it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current
- Knowledge of both reactive, functional, and object-oriented programming
- Excellent knowledge of React and Next.js
- Excellent knowledge of modern state management libraries
- An understanding of React best practices and a commitment to following them
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS, and SCSS
- Experience both with REST and Websocket based web services
- Experience with various methods of asynchronous code development
- Knowledge of and passion for cryptocurrency
- Knowledge/experience in building automation scripts/bots
- Knowledge/experience in using PHP
- Knowledge/experience in using Node
- Knowledge/experience in using Rust
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us:Apply for this job