Front-end Engineer - (Ted Talks)
Ted Talks Part Time Engineering Remote-Canada Remote-UK Remote-Australia Remote-South & Central America Remote-Asia Remote-Africa
Remote Job Description
- You have a proven track record of managing and monitoring front-end testing, performance, and code quality.
- You have experience analyzing user requirements and design solutions for new features.
- You’re able to clearly communicate technical constraints and opportunities with stakeholders.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and demonstrate strong judgment and decision making skills in the face of ambiguity.
- You are self-motivated with a passion for jumping into various projects with confidence.
- You have a good sense of humor and preferably a love of puns.
What will you do?
- Address challenges around page performance, video delivery, personalization, highly responsive, low-latency experiences and frontend application architecture for audiences all around the world, and for the people they work with
- Work directly with experienced designers and product owners to take new features from conception to production
- Design tools and libraries that will be used by other front-end engineers and company-wide
At TED we value:
- Effective workflows- Team members that are willing to contribute, however possible, to ensure overall effectiveness of position.
- Communication and collaboration- Our team has excellent written and oral communication skills (ability to create & maintain technical documentation).
- Structured support- Engineers have regular support and mentoring from the Director of Engineering and CTO.
- Professional development- All employees receive a professional development stipend annually.
- Work-life balance- We actively promote a work-life balance and offer a 2-week summer break and 1-week winter break in addition to paid time off.
Our team is passionate about TED’s content and the prospect of creating a stronger platform to enable the exchange of ideas worldwide. We’re endlessly curious. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. And we love to work alongside nice people.