Reporting to the VP of Operations, you will be responsible for Sourcegraphs Financial Reporting and Financial Operations. Sourcegraph is scaling quickly and we are looking to hire someone who can lead our Finance team and be a partner to the business through this stage of hyper growth.
You will be the person responsible for completing our first set of US GAAP financials, owning our financial statement close, introducing ASC606 and other GAAP accounting measures, and ensuring tax compliance at a local and international level. Operationally, you will work closely with the rest of the finance and operations teams to create and drive efficiencies and prepare for the future—after all, what works at 150 employees won’t work at 500, 1,000, or beyond.
On the Strategic side, you will partner closely with Sales, FP&A, People Ops, and Legal in order to support the initiatives that will see our team succeed in a fast paced environment, including international sales team growth, scaling our all-remote organization, supporting investor diligence and fundraisings, and more.
Within one month, you will…
- Study and become an expert in Sourcegraph’s products, customers, business model, and our values
- Evaluate financial/accounting processes, propose improvements, and oversee implementation. Focus on automating routine processes.
- Manage finance and accounting operations, including accounting, AP, AR, payroll, and more. Own the financial close process and related reporting.
Within three months, you will…
- Play a key role in implementing a stronger financial forecasting, and forecast versus actual, process.
- Own the relationship with our external accounting team, and build relationships with external parties to work on projects such as the ASC606 introduction, tax matters, and future audits.
Within six months, you will…
- Build out a team to support the needs of a SaaS company experiencing hypergrowth.
- Interact with senior executives and board regarding financial performance and financial matters as needed.
- Work hand in hand with our people ops team to ensure that we have a process in place to effectively compensate a Global team.
- Be able to think long-term, and introduce a legal entity structure that will support our team as we scale.
- Leadership experience (Controller, Director, Senior Manager) in accounting at a growth-stage enterprise SaaS company
- Proven ability to build out financial reporting processes and software to support rapid growth.
- Strong US GAAP knowledge, particularly around ASC606 (revenue recognition).
- Experience building and managing an accounting team.
Nice to haves
- Experience working in a global entity and managing tax structures
- Experience with M&A
- Experience taking a company through an IPO or preparing for an IPO
- [30 mins] Recruiter Screen.
- [1 hour] Hiring Manager screen with Dan Adler (VP Operations): We chat with you about Sourcegraph and to find out what you are looking for in your next role.
- [1-2 hours] Asynchronous (take-home) project: A project to see how you think about financial statements.
- [1 hour] Project debrief with Kendrick Morris (Finance and Operations Analyst) and Tommy ODonnell (Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis)
- [1 hour] Cross-collaboration interview with Debbie Johnstone (VP, People) and Tammy Zhu (Director of Legal): We learn how you collaborate with other parts of the finance and operations teams.
- [30 mins] Values Interview
- [30 mins] Interview with Quinn Slack (CEO).
- We make you a job offer!