Back To All Remote Jobs View All Analyst Jobs
Financial Analyst - Ably
Ably Full Time Analyst Remote-UK
Remote Job Description
Location: Remote, preferably UK based, as you will be expected to travel to the London office on average once a month
Working at Ably means helping to build the infrastructure and technology that will power and shape the future of a digital world where realtime interactions underpin our personal and professional daily lives. Chatting on WhatsApp, hailing an Uber, asking Alexa what the weather will be like tomorrow, collaborating in the same Google Doc: all of these things rely on complex, behind-the-scenes realtime infrastructure. That’s what Ably provides for companies like HubSpot, Toyota Racing Development, OfferUp, and Hopin.
The opportunity in front of us is immense. Our mission is to become the definitive realtime infrastructure of the internet while powering and accelerating adoption of realtime user experiences. Ably is on track: everyday we deliver billions of realtime messages to more than 100 million people in 80 different countries across web, mobile, and IoT platforms. But we can’t rest yet. In a couple of years we want to reach one billion people everyday through the same and new channels.
To see what life’s like at Ably, check out our careers page at www.ably.io/careers.
In this role
We are looking for a Financial Analyst, to support the Finance and Operations Lead, by improving processes and efficiencies to support a scaling business.
Your responsibilities will range from advising on financial controls, monitoring and reporting on key performance indicators, leading the month end & assisting on financial reporting.
Day to day, you will:
- Assist with the day to day operations of the finance function
- Track and process the appropriate key performance indicators to highlight trends, explain variances and maintain a core financial dashboard
- Own the month end reporting cycle by ensuring invoices have been accounted for, revenue recognition has been achieved and analysing actuals vs budget & forecast
- Analyse financial information and provide real-time reports to support management with decision-making
- Prepare investment-related documents for internal and external audiences
- Work on process improvement and efficiencies to support the business as we scale
- Identify areas of inefficiencies within our reporting systems
- Lead projects to reduce these inefficiencies and build scalable solutions
The ideal candidate will:
- Be Part-qualified or qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Have a Bachelors / graduate degree in Economics, Maths, Finance or equivalent
- Have advanced computer skills with proficiency in Google Sheets, Excel, Xero and project management software
- Be a commercially focussed finance professional with a proactive approach and a willingness to get things done
- Have strong analytical skills with the ability to understand complex data and key performance indicators
- Be a highly organised individual with strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to work well within a team and across a range of business functions
What’s it like to work at Ably?
Ably is entering a new phase of growth led by an experienced senior team. You’ll be part of a successful, highly motivated, and extremely collaborative team.
To provide the infrastructure required for the next generation of the internet, to tell the world about it, and to support everyone inside Ably to do so we hire people who are ready and capable of taking on challenging problems in a high-growth environment.
We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. To really thrive at Ably, you’ll need to believe in and be prepared to do your work in line with our values, which are:
- Open for all. Open is a mindset. When open, we’re better collaborators, communicators and creators. Whether open source, standards, or protocols, open hearts, minds, and eyes. It’s better when it’s open.
- Bias for action. We avoid analysis paralysis at all costs. We lean into doing in order to move us forward. When we have enough of what we need to act, we act.
- Even the best do better. We want to be the best - but that doesn’t mean we rest when we are. Improvement and growth - true betterment - is an ongoing journey. One fuelled by curiosity and taking risks.
- Technology needs humanity. Our technology means little without people - whether that’s how we treat our colleagues, or how we design developer experiences. Being human matters.
- Dependable people make dependable things. Dependability is integral to our mission and technology, but being dependable starts with our people. When we care enough to take real ownership of our products and problems - all else will follow.
- Bold creativity leads to the greatest rewards. When viewed through a different lense, what stands in the way can become the way. The bigger the challenge the easier the choice: bold creativity will always move us forward, create better outcomes, and set us apart.
What’s in it for you?
- A good, competitive salary
- A great company culture
- Share options
- A remote first company. Unless you want to pop into our communal office space in Shoreditch, London, you'll work from home most of the time, apart from when we have planning sessions/Summits which happen on average once a month.
- Your choice of high quality tech kit to work on
- Health insurance, including [email protected]
- Employee Assistance Programme
- ClassPass membership
- Cycle to work
- Regular company away days and social events
- Friday need-to-know drinks and snacks
- Ongoing professional development (training, events, conferences), including an assigned budget
- 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- Company contributions towards your pension
If you enjoy working as part of a technology company, value open source, and love solving hard problems - then we’d love to hear from you, regardless of whether you fit the spec exactly or not. If in doubt, drop us an email; we’d be more than happy to give you some advice on your application.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion.Apply for this job