Field Sales Representative, State and Local Government
- Full Time
- $100K - $150K
Remote Job Description
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Field Sales Representative, you will be working with our State and Local accounts. You’ll leverage existing relationships with C-level executives, develop new relationships and act as a trusted business partner to understand their challenges and goals. You will promote the innovative power of our products to make organizations more productive, collaborative, and mobile.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $105,000-$166,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Build and deepen executive relationships with public sector customers. Influence long-term strategic direction and serve as a business partner.
- Discuss and manage entire cycles, often presenting to C-level executives in public sector customers.
- Lead account strategy in generating and developing business growth opportunities, working collaboratively with Customer Engineers and Google Partners in order to optimize business results in territory and open up opportunities with large public sector customers.
- Understand customer technology footprint, strategic growth plans and business drivers, technology strategy, and business landscape.
- Drive business development, forecast accurately, and achieve strategic goals by leading customers through the entire business cycle.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Addison, TX, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
Remote location(s): Iowa, USA; Minnesota, USA; North Carolina, USA; Nevada, USA; Wisconsin, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of technology related sales or business development experience at a B2B software company.
- 5 years of experience in building strategic business partnerships with public sector customers.
- Experience in promoting infrastructure software, databases, analytical tools, applications software, or cloud solutions.
- Experience working with and managing partners in complex implementation projects including global system integrators and packaged software vendors.
- Demonstrated success with large complex commercial and legal negotiations, working with procurement, legal and business team.
- Ability to work with sales engineers and customer technical leads including inventory existing software estate, define migration plans, and build business cases for migrations.