Fastly is growing rapidly and expanding our field marketing efforts to drive demand and support the sales pipeline within the Enterprise North America market. The field marketer executes vertical-specific marketing campaigns that help move accounts through our sales cycle, faster and more effectively. This is a high-impact, results-oriented role, where you will work directly with sales, product marketing, and brand teams developing messaging and multi-channel campaigns to increase engagement and drive pipeline. Additionally, the right candidate will be comfortable with strategy development, tactical execution and have a passion for helping organizations protect their apps at the origin or edge.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute coordinated marketing plans across all channels-including email, digital, paid media programs, webinars, events and more within NA Enterprise market
- Identify new channels, content, or resources to drive demand generation in alignment with business priorities and in close collaboration with relevant internal partners
- Develop and execute account engagement strategies to generate new business pipeline and accelerate opportunities
- Deliver field events that are aligned to the Fastly brand, messaging, communication, and marketing operations processes
- Proactively engage with the sales teams to coordinate, communicate, and optimize the impact of regional and global marketing activities
- Evaluate, select, and manage vendors that contribute to local demand creation programs, including event vendors, industry media publishers and agencies
- Manage day-to-day requirements and deadlines, including working with team members to ensure marketing programs are executed with a high degree of quality
- Monitor and report on results of marketing programs
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in field marketing role for a B2B SAAS, or software company focused on the Enterprise sales cycle for highly technical products
- Solid understanding of the IT, security and DevOps buyers and familiarity with selling into a technical audience
- Good knowledge of digital marketing tactics and standard methodologies
- Experience with organizing local and regional events
- Excellent communicator and creative problem solver with a passion for forging relationships
- Strong track record of proven ability to build and execute plans, get agreement from key members of the team and communicate status, results and value of campaigns
- Experience managing vendors and coordinating multiple deliverables and projects simultaneously with internal and external teams
- Very organized and detail oriented
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in ANY of these:
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics - PPC, paid social, paid media
- Familiarity of account based marketing (ABM) strategies
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.