The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
We believe that Spotify has a presence and vision of a world connected through audio and this business area is one within the center of this concept. We sit within our experimental growth area at Spotify and we seek to find and solve meaningful growth opportunities. Our process is thoughtful, fast-paced, impact oriented, and most importantly, people-first. We tackle new and existing ideas with strong potential with the goal of bringing higher value and connection to users via deep-dive explorations, experimental A/B tests and iterations with data-informed decisions.
We're looking to hire for several roles within highly experimental, exciting product exploration spaces. We’re looking for strong and forward-thinking Engineering Managers to support and grow not only our full-stack teams, but the product and owned experiences into ones that push the boundaries of innovation and the company even further.
In this area you could be managing teams that build experiences that unlock new forms of fan connection across the audio network, like the most highly anticipated year-in-review Spotify product - Wrapped!
Or you could be exploring the creation of entirely new revenue streams - prototyping business models that may bring more value to users and more revenue to creators and the company, like Web3 or other new spaces.
Above all, your work will change the way the world experiences audio content.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with marketing teams, as well as direct partners in product, insights, and design to uncover the next growth opportunity within owned and new features
- Lead and manage a team of mobile, web and backend engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with our Spotify values and build technical expertise amongst the team
- Effectively facilitate and bridge collaboration with cross-discipline partners to solve exciting and high-reaching problems
- Drive forward technical initiatives within your team, and look to introduce new opportunities by way of A/B testing
- Ensure the team has an established tech strategy and prioritization of tech excellence
- Cultivate agile methodologies and champion a culture of sustainable tech health
Who You Are
- You are an experienced Engineering Manager with strong communication and ability to successfully lead fast-paced, high-profile projects with timely delivery and execution
- You have a proven track record of successfully managing fullstack engineering teams and establishing strong alignment with insights, design and product counterparts
- You can effectively lead ambitious roadmaps, advising partners proactively of project statuses, risks and support needs
- You care about proficient agile processes, data-informed development, reliability, and sound experimentation execution
- You prioritize quality, delivering high quality products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release and maintenance
- You enjoy teaching and growing others, are passionate about your work, strive towards the goals of the team and, ultimately, the Spotify mission -- “giving a million creators the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it"
Where You'll Be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
- Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.