The Content Tooling team in Marketing Technology organization builds platforms that enable marketing and product teams to create and publish content. Team provides a suite of tools and services that power content creation on a variety of marketing channels including onsite pages, emails, push notification, sms etc.
As the engineering manager of the Content Tooling team, you’ll lead a team of talented, software developers to build and improve self service content creation. This will include day-to-day operations, technical deep dives, community engagement, and strategic planning. You will work closely with other engineering teams within Marketing technology, product manager and marketing stakeholders.
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the vision, technical direction of marketing content creation and publishing at Airbnb
- Build a robust team by attracting top talent, mentoring individuals and managing conflict.
- Collaborate with product and platform teams to deliver impactful content platform across variety of marketing channels incl landing pages, email, push notification etc
- Work with marketing, creative, data science and product stakeholders to gain alignment by developing and communicating a clear and impactful vision and priorities for the team.
- Carefully plan, track, and report on work of the team, identifying problems early.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience managing an engineering team and 8+ years of relevant software development industry experience in a fast paced tech environment.
- Hands-on experience with designing, leading, and architecting large, high-scale and distributed web applications (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team and with teams across the engineering organization
- Experience hire, retain and grow senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building productive, world-class engineering teams.
- You are a strong problem solver and have led a team that is on-call for production systems before.
- You are passionate about technical quality, efficiency and operational excellence.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $190,000 and $245,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Belonging & Accommodations
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: [email protected]