The Booking Orchestration team within our Guest & Host organization owns the system responsible for orchestrating all orders at Airbnb. With users around the world, reliability, scalability, efficiency and high availability are our team’s core concerns.
As the Booking Orchestration engineering manager, you’ll lead a team of talented, diverse software developers to operate and improve our core Order Management system. This will include day-to-day operations, technical deep dives, community engagement, and strategic planning. You will work closely with your peers across the Booking, Payments, and Trust orgs.
Our engineering managers are responsible for creating the vision and then delivering a solution that is flexible, always available, efficient, and scales with the needs of the business. Each manager brings their own unique skill set, experiences, thought leadership and technical expertise to solve these technical challenges for Airbnb.
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the organizational and technical direction of our current and future orchestration system infrastructure.
- Build a robust team by attracting top talent, mentoring individuals and managing conflict.
- Nurture a culture of technical quality from design, through code review, to production.
- Collaborate with internal teams across Bookings, Payments and Trust to gain agreement by developing and communicating a clear and impactful vision and priorities for the team.
- Carefully plan, track, and report on work of the team, identifying problems early.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience, with 8+ years of relevant software development industry experience in a fast paced tech environment.
- Expertise with workflow or other orchestration related systems
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team and with teams across the engineering organization
- You are a strong problem solver and have led a team that is on-call for production systems before.
- You are passionate about efficiency, availability, technical quality and system quality.
The starting base pay for this role is between $190,000 and $245,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Belonging & Accommodations
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.