Vida is looking for an engineering manager to join their team.
At Vida, we empower individuals to overcome chronic mental and physical health conditions, once and for all. The impact of chronic conditions on healthcare is immense: in the US alone, chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease drive 80% of the $3 trillion healthcare spending, which is at 18% of GDP. One in 3 individuals has a chronic health condition, and 1 in 4 struggles with mental health.
Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs from a network of experienced health care providers and leading medical institutions. Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers and large providers to enable their employees live their healthiest lives.
**Vida is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Vida is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Vida is registered.
- Manage a team of 5 Frontend engineers - coach them, advocate for them, unblock them, and make them happy and productive human beings
- Provide technical leadership to the engineers and be accountable for the technical decisions made on your team
- You are initially expected to spend 50% of your time coding and making technical contributions
- Work closely with Product, Design, and other cross-functional partners to create a meaningful vision and roadmap for the team - once a feature ships, you'll pay close attention to the impact of the work, and iterate towards a successful outcome
- Grow, educate, hire, and retain a high-performing team with high delivery cadence in an agile environment
- 2-3 years of experience in a hands-on engineering people manager role
- 3+ years of recent experience with React
- Solid engineering capability with an eye towards performance, responsiveness, and user experience
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, gather feedback, and architecting solutions
- Experience with backend infrastructure like Django, Ruby, Node.js
- Experience with devops/CI tools such as Kubernetes, Travis, Jenkins
- Experience with RxJS
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 80% for your dependents)
- Healthcare FSA Plan
- Dependent Care FSA Plans
- Commuter and Parking Benefits
- 401k Program
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- We’re a distributed company, so you can work from most US states (We still have a HQ office in San Francisco)
- Access to a Vida Health Coach and the full Vida app
- New hire home office stipend
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Training and leadership development programs
- Weekly meetups with team members across the country through our #connectandcommit program
- Quarterly all-company events
- Quarterly team-based connection opportunities
- Significant opportunities for growth and development as the business grows
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Vida in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Vida. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vida as a result of the unsolicited referral.