At Netflix, we want to entertain the world and are constantly innovating on how entertainment is imagined, created and delivered to a global audience. We currently stream content in more than 30 languages in 190 countries, topping over 220 million paid subscribers and are expanding into new forms of entertainment such as gaming.
The data infrastructure teams at Netflix enable us to leverage data to bring joy to our members in many different ways. We provide centralized data platforms and tools for various business functions at Netflix, so they can utilize our data to make critical data-driven decisions. We do all the heavy lifting to make it easy for our business partners to work with data efficiently, securely, and responsibly. We aspire to lead the industry standard in building a world-class data infrastructure, as Netflix leads the way to be the most popular and pervasive destination for global internet entertainment.
We are looking for distributed systems engineers to help evolve and innovate our infrastructure as we work towards our ambitious goal of 500 million members worldwide. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
team to bring new perspectives as we solve the next set of challenges. In addition, we are open to remote candidates. We value what you can do, from anywhere in the U.S.
Spotlight on Data Infrastructure Teams:
This team offers the platform for scheduling, orchestrating and executing big data jobs and workflows in a self serve manner. These platforms include foundational services that host all ETL and ML workloads running on Big Data Systems at Netflix. These fully distributed systems are constantly evolving for Netflix scale with state of the art technology. We are moving towards event driven and intelligent orchestration which would need minimal user input/intervention.
The Data Abstraction Platform team builds and operates a flexible query gateway that facilitates data abstractions to operate at sub-millisecond latencies while allowing Netflix micro-services to more easily store, consume, and manage their data. This team holds a substantial responsibility in enabling Netflix microservices to satisfy their ever-growing and evolving data needs.
This team is passionate about distributed data systems technology. We are active in the open source community and believe in operating what we own. We are a small team responsible for business critical systems and are committed to a culture of feedback and engineering
This would be your dream job if you enjoy:
- Solving real business needs at large scale by applying your software engineering and analytical problem solving skills.
- Architecting and building a robust, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure.
- Leading cross-functional initiatives and collaborating with engineers, product managers, and TPM across teams.
- Sharing our experiences with the open source communities and contributing to Netflix OSS.
- You have 5+ years of experience in building large-scale distributed systems or applications.
- You are proficient in design and development of RESTful web services.
- Experienced building and operating scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems
- You are an expert in Java or other object-oriented programming languages. Python or Scala expertise is a plus.
- Multi-threading is a challenge that you are comfortable tackling.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or related field.
A few more things about us:
As a team, we come from many different countries and our fields of education range from the humanities to engineering to computer science. Our team includes product managers, program managers, designers, full-stack developers, distributed systems engineers, and data scientists. Folks have the opportunity to wear different hats, should they choose to. We strongly believe this diversity has helped us build an inclusive and empathetic environment and look forward to adding your perspective to the mix!
Our culture is unique, and we tend to live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix here