The Director of Technical Recruiting - Engineering will be responsible for developing and driving our recruiting strategy at scale. You will lead the hiring strategy and execution across our Engineering organization leadership team, and report directly to the Sr. Director, Technical Recruiting (Engineering, Product, Design, & Analytics) in our People organization.
About the Team
The DoorDash Recruiting Team is focused on building DoorDash culture, one quality hire at a time. We partner with hiring teams to execute recruiting strategies that help DoorDash to hire qualified candidates in the most efficient and unbiased ways.
We're looking for a Director of Technical Recruiting to oversee our Engineering recruiting efforts. DoorDash is growing and scaling at an unprecedented rate, and you will play a critical role in helping shape the technical recruiting function as we build to fully realize DoorDash’s dream: to grow and empower local economies. We’re focused on improvement — from moving faster to leveling up the quality of our product — and our work is never complete. If you’re looking to define your career as part of something greater than yourself, come scale with us.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead DoorDash’s Engineering recruiting strategy with a focus on acquiring top diverse talent to meet our current and future hiring needs.
- Attract, develop, and retain recruiting managers and recruiters of all levels and capabilities, with a focus on industry knowledge and innovation.
- Deploy forecasting, reporting, and analytics rigor to track key recruiting metrics and measure progress against team OKRs (objectives and key results).
- Deliver ongoing reports to track results, impact, hiring quality, and cost-effectiveness of the recruiting team.
- Use information to detect trends/insights and adjust the strategy to optimize the impact of the team.
- Proactively communicate strategy updates and team productivity to recruiting leadership and hiring teams.
- Provide expert guidance to our leaders and hiring managers to attract, select, onboard, and retain highly-skilled candidates.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and maintenance of processes, tools, and systems needed to scale and support the recruiting team in both the short and long term.
- Focus on building out proactive hiring strategies supporting org design, succession planning, and always-on talent pipeline.
- Develop employment brand opportunities and partner with our cross-functional teams to create one-to-many strategic talent engagements with prospective talent pools.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are an authentic, inspiring and hands-on leader with experience driving, building and scaling recruiting teams in hyper-growth environments.
- You are a beacon for the best recruiters — they seek you out and will follow you anywhere.
- You build trusted relationships with people at all levels, across multiple functions and in all geographies.
- You have a bias for action and have an inner drive and fierce commitment to excel in the pursuit of business goals.
- You possess a penchant for seeking out new experiences, knowledge, and candid feedback and an openness to learning and change.
- You have the courage to take on difficult goals and bounce back from adversity in the face of challenges.
- You have at least 10 years of recruiting or equivalent business experience, with at least 5 years of experience leading and managing high-performing teams within a hyper-growth environment at progressive companies.
- You have an understanding of technology and/or logistics industries and extensive experience leading in-house, geographically dispersed recruiting teams.
- You're skilled at using data and analytics to develop insights and drive decisions.
- You have a strong point of view on how diversity and inclusion play a key role in a company’s success, track record of leading teams to achieve diversity recruiting goals, and proven success working with internal and external diversity partners.
- You have adaptable and superior communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) at all levels (individual contributor to executive level).
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.