Do you love exploring market opportunities that fuel revenue growth? Are you skilled at creating go-to-market strategies that make a measurable impact in new and existing markets? If so, Very is looking for someone like you! The Director of Product Marketing role is a leadership role responsible for product positioning, content creation, sales enablement and training, competitive and market intelligence, and go-to-market strategies for Very’s services. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this collaborative role will work alongside the services, sales, and marketing teams to help fuel our growth.
Very is a fast-growing, ten-year-old consultancy with a focus on delivering superior products in the new and exciting field of Internet of Things (IoT). Along with doing great work for our clients, we’ve always enjoyed building tools that help us work faster. Sometimes, we turn these tools into innovative new products. While this role will initially focus on marketing our IoT product development services, you will also be tasked with creating go-to-market strategies for our products in the future.
Responsibilities as a Director of Product Marketing
Lead and evolve product marketing for Very with responsibility for the following:
- Lead the overall go-to-market plan for all Very services as an individual contributor. Build out the team in the years to come.
- Develop positioning and messaging that clearly defines and differentiates Very’s services in the market
- Write sales and marketing materials including presentations, website pages, datasheets, FAQ, whitepapers, etc.
- Research and analyze competitive trends and insights and update the executive team on findings
- Work collaboratively to develop marketing plans, presentations, and sales tools to support new and existing services
- Conduct robust customer and market research: conduct customer interviews, create and analyze surveys, win/loss reports, and competitive moves
- Represent and evangelize the company as a domain expert during customer interactions and industry and corporate events.
Requirements for Director of Product Marketing
We’re looking for an ambitious leader that’s eager to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial, enterprising, collaborative, and personable and have these qualifications:
- At least 7-10 years of relevant SaaS or B2B tech experience
- At least 3 years of management experience
- Familiarity with the Internet of Things (IoT) space strongly preferred
- Strong positioning methodology
- Ability to collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to create appropriate sales enablement collateral (presentations, datasheets, FAQ, whitepapers, etc.)
- Proven ability to inspire and lead projects with cross-functional peers across the organization
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy
- Experience working in a fast-paced, always changing environment
- Experience taking initiative, working independently and actively to resolve issues, and taking ownership of projects and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel for customer meetings, attend events, etc… (20% or less)
- Experience at a professional services firm or consultancy
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Management
- Experience performing well in a dynamic, geographically diverse environment
How You’ll Be Compensated
We believe in a transparent, fair compensation structure and have developed our own open salary formula. Depending on your skills and experience, you can expect your base compensation to be somewhere between $150,000 and $175,000 upon joining the company. We also offer annual performance bonuses, healthcare, 401K matching, a generous maternity/paternity leave policy, and numerous other employee benefits including reimbursement for home office equipment.
Very has been a remote company since before it became normal — 2011, to be exact. We’ve built a collaborative, tight-knit team that thrives, whether we’re hanging out in person at our annual retreat or coordinating work across time zones. The results show that we’re doing something right. In 2020, we were named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces, Parity.org
's Best Companies for Women to Advance List, and Fatherly’s Best Places to Work for Dads.
Clients like Vizio, Clear, iHeart Radio, Complex Media, Shopkeep, and more come to us for answers to their thorniest questions. We bring them a world-class product team that delivers end-to-end IoT solutions.