The HR Leader is critical to successfully supporting and scaling a high-growth organization by driving operational efficiency across People Operations and compensation programs.
This individual will lead and manage Vida’s HR systems, HR administration, compensation and benefits programs, and compliance for our rapidly growing distributed team. In this role, you will think and act in ways that scale - whether that be for systems, tools, or processes to best support our evolving team at various stages of growth. This individual will help drive and manage the administration of Vida policies, procedures, and programs to support the business and our employees.
- Manage the administrative responsibilities of the People Operations team, performing operational duties required to keep our processes running efficiently and effectively
- Manage compliance programs, including SOX compliance, mandatory filings, policy updates, and employee training
- Oversee the US Benefits Program, including end-to-end open enrollment, benefits renewal, LOA management, and benefits compliance
- Oversee the compensation programs and leveling structures for our tech company and our medical provider corporation
- Own HR suite of software including APD, Lever, Relias, and CulturAmp and ensure data integrity and the multiple HRIS inbound and outbound system implementations and integrations (Lever, Relias, Workato, CultureAmp, and more)
- Maintain contractor, vendor, and broker relationships and related agreements
- Conduct off-boarding, analyze trends, and share opportunities with the leadership team
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships with Payroll, Talent Acquisition, and other stakeholders to drive efficiencies and simplify workflows
- Manage the team of operations specialists who support employees with onboarding, questions, and employment data processing
- Oversee the recruiting organization and support them in the achievement of their goals
- 7+ years of experience in conducting business analysis, understanding business needs, and identifying initiatives to allow the business to achieve its long-range plan
- Experience across multiple HCM Modules -- preferable Recruiting, Onboarding, Talent Management, Compensation, Learning and Benefits Administration modules
- Experience implementing enterprise-level SaaS solutions, HCM, HRIS systems including payroll module solutions
- Experience using project management tools
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills using creative techniques
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to communicate concepts to both a technical audience and to business-oriented leaders
- Located in the Pacific or Mountain Time Zone highly preferred
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 80% for your dependents)
- Healthcare FSA Plan
- Dependent Care FSA Plans
- Commuter and Parking Benefits
- 401k Program
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- We’re a distributed company, so you can work from most US states (We still have a HQ office in San Francisco)
- Access to a Vida Health Coach and the full Vida app
- New hire home office stipend
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Training and leadership development programs
- Weekly meetups with team members across the country through our #connectandcommit program
- Quarterly all-company events
- Quarterly team-based connection opportunities
- Significant opportunities for growth and development as the business grows
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Vida in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Vida. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vida as a result of the unsolicited referral.