Our infrastructure team is responsible for managing, maintaining, and developing the infrastructure that the CommentSold platform runs on - that includes our core web traffic, asynchronous job processing, live video transcoding, and push notifications.
This role would involve both hands-on work and management, skewing towards mostly leadership as the organization grows. Our DevOps/SRE and systems engineering functions will report into this role. This team is small, but mighty - we’d look to you to develop and build this team out.
We have some initial projects in motion to improve our deployment and scaling, along with the opportunity for longer term planning and improvement of our practices and processes. Security, scalability, and cost are going to be key areas to focus on moving forward.
In this role, you will
- Keep our platform running smoothly and efficiently
- Manage the performance, scalability, and cost of our platform
- Introduce and improve processes and tooling
- Provide input and expertise in key areas such as monitoring, deployment, and security
- Take ownership of the implementation of disaster recovery and failover practices
- Work directly with our leadership team to plan both short and long term roadmaps for systems management
- Establish and implement security policies and incident response plans
If you’re right for this role, you
- Have significant experience in modern DevOps and IaC
- Have significant experience working with cloud providers, ideally AWS
- Are self-motivated and able to work in a fast growing, high scale environment
- Are an experienced leader of engineering teams; capable of being hands on and providing technical mentorship where necessary
CommentSold is a social commerce platform that modernizes the way retailers connect to online shoppers, including hosting live sales events and managing day-to-day retail operations. Simply, we help online retailers do less and sell more.
Our team is dispersed throughout the US, which means we value the diversity and unique collaboration that’s fostered through a remote team. We work incredibly hard for our customers, and believe deeply in our platform’s value. We're a high energy, high growth team and we love to win.
At CommentSold, you can work from anywhere in the United States thanks to the power of the internet - we put extra effort into our remote culture to ensure we exceed the engagement we all need. We value our team, and show that through competitive salaries and bonus opportunities. Health, dental, vision, and life insurance are available to all full-time employees.
Our platform serves the women’s retail space in a major way - and that’s no coincidence. We're creating a space for equality across the board, and we support folks of all identities and lifestyles in everything we do. Join CommentSold to live your best life — we’re always excited to grow our team’s perspective. #lovewhereyouwork