Back To All Remote Jobs View All Hr Jobs
Director, HR Business Partner - (Medium)
Medium Full Time Hr Remote-US
Remote Job Description
Medium’s mission is to help people deepen their understanding of the world and discover ideas that matter. We are building a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers. We are creating the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas.
We believe that people are key to the success of our business. We take that seriously by building a People Operations team that is comprised of experienced HR professionals who can launch and lead forward-thinking initiatives that enable our employees to be highly creative and productive.
In an exciting effort to further expand our team, we're looking for a Director of People Operations to join us and lead our HR Business partner function. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, bring excitement and calm to your work, are hungry to learn and teach, and can take a systems-thinking approach to determining how to make our organization better, we'd love to talk to you. You will have an extraordinary opportunity to work collaboratively with our team to make Medium the best place for people to bring their talents, grow their careers and to do the best work of their lives.
What will you do?
- You will lead and develop a growing team of HR business partners with smarts, empathy, and responsiveness. You will demonstrate a clear-eyed commitment to advocating for your team and their influential work within Medium.
- You will understand organizational needs and create and drive processes and policies that are practical, efficient, and reflective of Medium’s values and principles.
- You will coach and develop relationships within Medium while inspiring a culture of mutual accountability, constructive collaboration, and quick, iterative execution.
- You will lead your team to help managers have impact through consistent performance-management practices, intelligent organizational design, and clear communication. You likewise will lead your team to help ensure Medium is a safe and equitable place to work where employees feel included, know how to raise concerns and provide actionable feedback, and know how to be successful in their role.
- You will champion diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives across the organization.
- You will be a trusted advisor to Medium’s leaders on all people-related matters.
- This role will report to Medium’s VP, People. We are currently open to candidates that are looking to work remotely in the United States or flexibly near our offices in New York City or San Francisco.
Who are you?
- You are an accomplished HR Leader with 7+ years of HR business experience, ideally with at least 3+ years of experience leading, developing, and managingHRBP teams in a scaling environment.
- You have well-rounded experience with a variety of HR disciplines such as employee relations, organizational design, diversity/equity/inclusion, compensation practices, performance management, and talent development.
- You’re both a strategic thinker and someone who will not shy from rolling up your sleeves to clarify competing priorities, provide clear tactical guidance, and execute with alacrity in a fluid environment.
- You have a track record of conducting internal investigations with compassion in a prompt, thorough, and balanced manner. You exercise good, dispassionate judgment.
- You have strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. You also are a dependable team player with a composed and opinionated executive presence.
- You have the ability to(and enjoy!) establishing, fostering, and maintaining strong relationships across the organization at all levels
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
Please note that communication regarding your application, interviews, and job offers will only come from e-mail addresses ending in"@medium.com". Anything else is not a legitimate outreach.Apply for this job