The Global Equity Team is looking for a Director to lead us into post-IPO bliss. This role will oversee rapid international expansion, management of increasing transaction volume, and building critical infrastructure for our global equity programs. You will play a key role in driving the long term strategy for our growing team, and rolling out world class equity programs developed for precision and ease of execution. You will partner cross functionally on the design and delivery of ongoing programs, including compliance, tax, mobility, and employee education.
You will report to the Chief Accounting Officer in our Accounting organization.
About the Team
The Equity Team operates at the intersection of Accounting, HR, and Legal, which gives us a unique opportunity to create value across the organization. We are in an exciting period of growth, working to create the framework to operate equity programs at scale for one of the fastest growing marketplace companies.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Administer DoorDash’s global equity programs including processing all awards, grants, exercises, cancellations and the issuance of all new grants in the US and in foreign jurisdictions.
- Build and retain a high performing team specialized in accounting, global tax, operations, and education.
- Continue to drive system automation on the Schwab platform across Workday and ADP.
- Develop and deliver world class employee education programs for new and continuing employees with a focus on mechanics and overall financial wellness.
- Manage all aspects of SOX compliance and continuously work to build efficiencies around execution and documentation of key controls.
- Engage with senior leadership from the legal, finance, and people organizations to design future equity programs and continue to tailor existing ones to the changing needs of our workforce.
- Coordinate closely with the payroll to ensure proper withholding of tax from equity proceeds.
- Provide a high level of customer service in responding to inquiries from current and former employees as well as investors.
- Ensure that the structure of stock plans and awards are appropriate for international jurisdictions through liaising with legal and tax teams.
- Assist with D&O Questionnaires and Proxy disclosure regarding director and executive officer stock ownership.
- Manage the 10b5-1 program for executives and insiders across two brokers.
- Prepare and timely file Section 16 reports (Forms 3, 4 and 5) with the SEC.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a senior level manager with 10+ years of experience in stock plan administration, preferably with recent IPO companies.
- You operate like an owner. You are self-motivated, reliable, flexible, and can drive progress under tight deadlines.
- You have exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- You have a strong track record of achievement.
- You have a strong tendency toward cross-functional relationship building and a bias toward action.
- You can distill complex concepts into simple, easy to understand communications.
- You’re comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels and communicating effectively and efficiently.
- You have a strong disposition toward empathy and create an environment where all participants feel supported.
- You are capable of identifying and resolving issues before they surface and
- You have very strong Excel skills
- CEP certification is preferred
- Knowledge of Workday, ADP, and the Schwab Equiview platform a huge plus
- Deep knowledge of equity accounting and operating in international jurisdictions.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.