We’re looking for an exceptional Director of Demand Gen and Lifecycle Marketing with expertise in leading high-performing teams. Zapier is investing heavily in Marketing and this role has the resourcing to put together large-scale campaigns.
This role will have an enormous impact on our strategy and business growth at Zapier. As a Director, you will lead your team to develop and refine our audience insights, including mapping audiences to objectives, understanding user performance across channels, and creating scalable programs and pathways for these users to succeed. You’ll work closely with Marketing Operations, Sales, Sales Operations, Content, and our Verticalization and Upmarket initiative teams. You will lead a team that includes lifecycle marketers, events and websites.
In the interim, you’ll report to the CRO and work together to define audiences, build roadmaps, launch integrated campaigns, prioritize efforts, and create/communicate this vision throughout the org. Your goal will be to drive the long-term, scalable success of Zapier by making lifecycle marketing a vital piece of our marketing mix. You will lead a combined organization of 10+ professionals in 4 teams, and the opportunity to continue to grow this team in the future.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You have 8+ yrs of experience of driving integrated marketing programs that include lifecycle and demand generation plus managing multiple teams.
- You have deep experience working with SMBs and understand their unique challenges and buying processes.
- You’re fluent in CRMs, audience segmentation strategies, and aligning audiences to specific objectives.
- You know how to optimize lead quality (net new and customers) based on feedback loops with Sales and Operations.
- You’re familiar with product-led growth and how to drive self-serve opportunities alongside higher-touch (sales) opportunities
- You’re data-driven and know how to drive and measure impact with a team.
- You’re a problem solver at heart and know how to move things forward with limited resourcing or roadblocks.
- You can create a strategic vision and communicate it in a way that motivates stakeholders and builds buy-in.
- You’re committed to being an awesome teammate. You work with appropriate urgency but are able to motivate cross-functional teams with your passion and vision.
What you’ll do
- Manage a team with a focus on making the self-serve pathway easy and building repeatable programs for higher touch users.
- Own our trial to purchase metrics.
- Help create and refine our strategic vision and roadmap, working with key stakeholders to create some of our first instances of lifecycle marketing.
- Create roadmaps that build the activation funnel, reactivation strategies, and engagement experiences.
- Collaborate with product teams to ensure both product and marketing experiences are cohesive for users.
- Partner with Marketing Ops on lead scoring, segmentation, user insights, and nurtures. Build dashboards that clearly communicate performance and communicate these in business reviews and manager 1:1s
- Build a strong culture of engagement, innovation, and happiness within your team
- Communicate learnings and find ways to scale wins.
The Whole Package
Our fully remote, distributed environment enables us to work with awesome people from around the world. Our team members work from 38 different countries. We generally hire based on timezones and try to keep teams together by making sure that every Zapien overlaps with their manager & teammates for at least a few hours a day.
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Fertility and Adoption Assistance
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Annual all-company retreat
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we support Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare plans are available in the UK, Canada, and United States. Retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States. A regional benefits premium is added directly to the salary ranges for team members who are in countries where we do not have entities or provide company-sponsored benefits. When recommendations are made for base salary, the benefits premium has already been factored in.