As our first hire in customer marketing, the Director of Customer Marketing will lead and define all of BetterUp’s go to market strategies to drive customer engagement and growth activities. The ideal candidate is customer-centric with an understanding of multi-channel best practices in developing, managing, and executing customer engagement and retention programs in a dynamic, ever-changing environment. We’re looking for someone with a strong sense of curiosity to learn and a growth mindset in order to drive industry leading best practices.
This is a builder role - you will build the team and the function from the ground up. Not only building the programs but also creating a customer marketing journey from soup to nuts. You will set the standard for how marketing works hand-in-hand with customer success and other key stakeholders, and contribute to expansion, retention and upsell targets. You should be both an architect and a doer - able to think both strategically about the customer engagement, but also roll up your sleeves and execute on the tactics involved as the team grows.
- Identify customer segments and use them to develop communications plans and channel strategies for each segment - based on who they are and where they are in their journey
- Partner closely with Customer Success and Account Management teams to build strategic, scalable programs for renewals, upsell, and expansion opportunities
- Define and execute customer targeted campaigns product launch campaigns and evergreen campaigns across paid, email, social, that drive adoption, engagement, and migration where appropriate
- Develop product education and feedback to turn data insights into action items
- Work closely with product marketing and our solutions teams to map out customer marketing journey and core narrative
- Partner with Marketing Operations to establish appropriate workflows, reporting, customer journeys, and segmentations that will drive growth
- Report on the performance of campaigns and impact on expansion and upsell metrics
- Own the customer marketing budget
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- 7-10 years marketing experience, with experience working at a global enterprise SaaS company strongly preferred
- Data driven with experience showcasing revenue growth to existing customer base
- Ability to build programs and teams from the ground up
- Depth in full-funnel marketing initiatives and a performance marketing approach
- Fluency in Hubspot, SFDC, 6Sense a plus
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Flexible and can adapt to a fast moving, ever-changing environment
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.