We are seeking an enthusiastic brand leader to build awareness, trust, and preference for Fastly by driving breakthrough creative campaigns, maturing and clarifying our brand story, and leading a team of talented creatives. As a leader on the brand marketing team, you’ll be responsible for architecting our brand campaign strategy while developing the foundational underpinnings of a healthy, scalable brand. You will lead a team of creatives, providing our designers and brand marketers the guidance they need to dream up and deliver outstanding work.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have a knack for focusing on the essentials, dreaming up and prioritizing programs that drive meaningful business results. You’re a skilled storyteller and communicator who is as comfortable directing creative work as you are measuring its impact. And naturally, you know you can’t do this without a solid team. You have a passion for understanding the needs of your team and providing them the support and coaching necessary to flourish.
What You'll Do
- Drive the programs that will increase awareness, trust, and preference for Fastly, guiding the concepts and stories that will support the campaigns.
- Strengthen, unify, and document Fastly’s brand story through deep collaboration with stakeholders across executive, sales, product, and marketing leadership.
- Lead a team of talented and hard-working creatives, providing direction and encouragement while fostering accountability.
- Work with a cross-functional team and agency to drive the paid and owned media strategy for brand campaigns.
- Establish goals and critical metrics for brand work and campaigns that maps to departmental objectives and key results.
- Guide the evolution of Fastly’s design system toward greater depth, maturity, and flexibility.
- Comfortably collaborate with senior leadership, cross-functional partners, and external agencies. Communicate plans, ingest feedback, and drive alignment.
- Advise on the budget required to meet your goals and responsibly execute brand programs in adherence to the approved budget.
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years experience (6+ years leadership experience) with a proven record of excellence in brand marketing and high-impact campaigns.
- You are a business leader and creative director in equal parts.
- Expertise building and executing global, multi-market awareness campaigns (preferably in B2B or high-tech).
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of brand identity, including typography, iconography, illustration, visual language and messaging.
- Demonstrated ability to understand target prospect/customer persona, and tailor message for that particular audience.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven, with very strong communication and project management skills.
- Team player with outstanding communication skills and a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic.
- You can discern the essential from the non-essential, are deeply trusted for your sound judgment, and excel at giving and receiving candid, impactful feedback.
- You are an articulate, thoughtful, and persuasive communicator, and a strong advocate for our brand, within and outside of Fastly.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.